Swinley Warning

Stumpy Ade
Stumpy Ade Posts: 81
edited January 2010 in Routes
Just in case it hasn't been posted before, a quick warning about some errosion at Swinley.

It's at the smaller of the 2 corkscrews, the one that brings you out by the concrete tank traps. There was always a small drop off as you entered it, but after the recent weather it's now a lot steeper. I saw 2 fellas tip over on Sunday. I'm not saying it's not doable but these guys were tipped over as their chainring hit a root. Both were unscathed (although a little :oops: :lol: ) and I have to say seeing them saved me from a similar fate.

There is now a chicken runto the left of it.

I'm not saying don't do it, more if you're not expecting it, you may have probs.

Comments

• anjs
    anjs Posts: 486
    Well the whole gully was flooded on Saturday and it had been closed off. There is also a big piece of trail missing near the bottom of the full nine yards near the manhole end.
  • Yep, I went out on Sunday too and came home early. It's going to take a fair bit of TLC to get the trails back into a fit state.
    Lapierre Zesty 514 - 2010
  • anjs
    anjs Posts: 486
    Well its tyhe worst I have seen it in 7 years. Guess we will see if the promised Harry Potter Money is going to be spent in the spring.
  • Yep bloody hard going at the moment, still, all energy in the legs for Spring