My beautiful new Cube

tubaonwheels
tubaonwheels Posts: 448
edited January 2010 in Your mountain bikes
Just collected my Cube Reaction RX. Can't stop looking at it, will have to get it dirty some time I suppose :cry:
Collected it from Lex's Mountain Bike Heaven, they had kindly fitted the guards, computer and Bontrager mud x's for me. And relieved me of quite a bit of dosh! Could have been worse though as I got a great deal.

[img][/img]th_PICT0004.jpg

Comments

• That's very nice, are those formula brakes, they look great :D 8)
  • Tolk
    Tolk Posts: 775
    Nice bike! Loving the carpet :lol::lol:
  • Very nice bike there!

Personally I'd lose the rear crudcatcher (but keep the front!) as it looks a bit out of place. Very nice though!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • I think the crud looks good - but it will be going if and when the weather improves :D
  • MacAndCheese
    MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
    Very nice, I bet it's light too!
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • ramemtbers
    ramemtbers Posts: 1,562
    my grand parents have that carpet, so dont diss guys. :lol: loving the cube looks smart and the spec is pretty darn good.
  • We got that carpet as a wedding present (34 years ago :shock: ), it is only the spare room :oops: , I just did'nt think things through before taking pics.
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    Looks nice. Not sure about the rear Crudcatcher though
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • Stop picking on my rear crud - yer givin me a complex :lol:
    And cheese 1/ yes they are formula brakes, should be an improvement on my V brakes.
    Cheese 2/ it feels proper light after my old bike (and compared to your downhill monster :wink: )
  • The rear crud is cool. All the best bikes have them on :wink:
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    thought all Cubes came with Schwalbe tyres??
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • Just collected my Cube Reaction RX. Can't stop looking at it, will have to get it dirty some time I suppose :cry:
    Collected it from Lex's Mountain Bike Heaven, they had kindly fitted the guards, computer and Bontrager mud x's for me.]
  • Thats a beauty, red and white is a great combination on a bike.

I agree that the rear crud is a bit too much of a distraction from the bike's looks.

"I like riding in my car, it's not quite a Jaguar."
  • Foooook it! I'll take the crud off and re-post pics - ,..... when I'm sober :lol:
  • Did it originally come with Schwalbes rather than the Bontragers? Did the shop trade these or let you keep them?

Whats cycle computer is that you have on the bars?

• It came with the Schwalbes, I didn't think they'd be much good in these conditions so had Bontragers put on and saved the Schwalbes for the right conditions. I may be old/novice but I'm not a complete divvy :wink:

The computer is a Cateye micro wireless CC-MC100W
    Thr white goes nicely with the rear crud :D
    God this wines good!
  • I may be old/novice but I'm not a complete divvy :wink:

God this wines good!

You surely cannae be auld with a carpet like that in the hoose. :P

• Bill Gates wrote:

You surely cannae be auld with a carpet like that in the hoose. :P

:lol:
  • Clok
    Clok Posts: 17
    Is that 18" or 20" frame? How tall are you if you dont mind asking.
  • It's a 20" - I'm 6 foot tall - with 33" inside leg and quite long arms. The bike feels perfect for me. Just about to go out for first decent ride, so time will tell.
    Steve.
  • stu8975
    stu8975 Posts: 1,334
    I do believe I quite like it...looks rather quick..but I'm with the others on the rear crud removal..nothing wrong with a brown arse stripe.
  • [img][/img]PICT0002-1.jpg
    Got it nice and dirty :D
    Done a nice, muddy 20 miles this morning to well and truly christen it (her?).The gloopy mud slowed me down a bit but I could tell there is a speed machine lurking. Already feel better on downhills, and love the fork lock out.