Sintesi Bazooka Dilemma

Dave Gti
Dave Gti Posts: 33
edited January 2010 in MTB general
Hello All

Went into the deepest depth of the garage today to pull this little moment of history out of the dust.

After treating it to some muc off and TLC here are the results.

SintesiBazookaWebbie.jpg

SintesiBazookaWebbie2.jpg

Now this raises the question what do I do with it????

Due to countless injuries, operation, injuries etc... its not been ridden for a long time. Now that i'm back to full fitness and have just become the proud owner of a Lapirre Spicy chances are the bazooka will never see the trails again. That and the fact its like riding and angry kangaroo down a hill...... :lol:

I dont expect i could sell it been as its so old so the other option would be to break it down as parts to sell or possibly donate it to a museum. :?

Despite the bikes uncertain future its alwasy nice to pull a relic back from the grave. Even though it did bring up some very surreal flashbacks of downhill memories gone by.

I suppose i'm basically asking what the hell do i do with this tank????

PS better introduce my self seen as its my first post.....
My name's Dave and i'm addicted to riding bikes!!!

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    well it aint worth much,

but with a nice SC fork and a triple ring crankset it could make a mid travel AM bike and a few other changes.

what year is it?

as it does not look like any Bazooka i have seen.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Bullet Bros ZZYZX, well I never. Get rid of those for a start!

Retro bikes froum people may buy the lot of you.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    found it about 1998?

Sintesi_Bazooka98.jpg

and

Sintesi%20Bazooka.jpg

as i was thinking.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Yep thats the one i think it may even be a bit earlier than the pic

Originally it was black frame yellow swing arm which i think was the 97 colours???? :?

Got it sprayed into what i think was the 99/00 colours.

I think the only bit which will find its way onto my spicy may be the XtR rear mech but after closer inspection today that looks like its had to many fights with the rocks.

Yep you better beleive it there ZZYXX aka pogo sticks!!!
  • A quick look trhough the photo archives and here it is in its original guise

SintesiBazookaWebbie3.jpg
  • Well the bikes been stripped down and will be going up for sale as parts on the retro bike forum and possibly ebay.

I'll be keeping the bars(for a future downhill build) as they look and feel awesome despite being a bit on the heavy side and the rear mech may well find its way onto my latest ride.

Everything else will be pretty much up for grabs.

Contemplated keeping it for a retro ride but cant justify spending money on 2 bikes. The 1 bike is more than enough and does a pretty good job at keeping my finances well and truely in the red!!!!