Energy drinks for 750ml bottles

iain_j
iain_j Posts: 1,941
Do any energy drink powders come in sachets for 750ml bottles? Seen a few for 500ml's, I could use one and a half of these but don't fancy putting an opened and half-full sachet back in my jersey pocket - could get messy.

Been using nuun's for a while, they're easy to deal with - tablets rather than powder - but want to try something stronger :)

Comments

• Brindy
    Brindy Posts: 45
    i dont think there would be as 500ml is standard bottle size but you could just make up your own sachets using little zip bags. Or run with 500ml of powder in a 750ml bottle so a little bit weaker
  • Jon8a
    Jon8a Posts: 235
    buy a big tub and weigh out your own into smaller bags?

Otherwise I haven't seen them.
  • I use both, got a large tub to make up 2 bottles for the frame and keep some sachets in back pocket.
  • Poulsy
    Poulsy Posts: 155
    But Nuun is not energy..... :? :roll:
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    Yep, that's why I'm now looking at energy drinks.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Buy 4 Torq Singles Tubes from the likes of Wiggle

torq-singles-med.jpg

Then buy the 1.5kg tub and use the tub to fill your singles tube, each metal tube is the required amount for a 750ml bottle. Tastes lovely too.
  • sampras38
    sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    iain_j wrote:
    Do any energy drink powders come in sachets for 750ml bottles? Seen a few for 500ml's, I could use one and a half of these but don't fancy putting an opened and half-full sachet back in my jersey pocket - could get messy.

Been using nuun's for a while, they're easy to deal with - tablets rather than powder - but want to try something stronger :)

Nuun's aren't for energy though, just electrolytes...

For carbohydrates I tend to use Hi-5 and just shove one sachet in a 750ml bottle, even though it's supposed to be for a 500ml. i'll sometimes have nuuns on their own in water or sometimes in diluted juice.
  • i just use th satchet for the 750ml bottle thats meant fot the 500ml bottle, does me fine :D
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Buy 4 Torq Singles Tubes from the likes of Wiggle

torq-singles-med.jpg

Then buy the 1.5kg tub and use the tub to fill your singles tube, each metal tube is the required amount for a 750ml bottle. Tastes lovely too.

best flavour?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    matthew h wrote:

best flavour?

I like the Pink Grapefruit the best, then Lemon & Lime. The Lemon is too bitter for me and the Orange too sweet. Also if you add 1 scoop to a 750ml bottle instead of 3 and use it as an electrolyte drink then the Pink grapefruit still tastes nice
  • Use three 500ml sachets in an old coke bottle using your 750ml as a measure; then re- fill your bottle(750ml) back up with the made up juice, this will leave a 750ml solution in the coke bottle in the fridge.
    :wink:
  • pianoman
    pianoman Posts: 706
    I think the Nuun's are becoming popular because we actually need electrolytes even more than carbs, besides we can always eat to replenish glycogen. Also, many manufacturers recommend servings of powder that are far too strong, so I certainly agree with thunderflash55 on that one. Too much energy powder in a bottle isn't a good thing - it can hinder hydration and even make you feel lethargic.

Apparently, the mix I use (USN Cytopower) is only 25g a scoop which I put into 700ml of water (a ratio of less than 4%, theoretically hypotonic) but personally I get on with this far better than the recommended amount of other makes (though obviously with a tub I KNOW I could simply put less in, which isn't an option with sachets).

The USN stuff is expensive but really easy on the stomach - and even when I stopped at a cafe today (for a cappuccino and treacle tart with custard no less) it didn't exactly overload me with too much fuel to get me to the end of my ride.
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,819
    Buy a tub of the stuff - surely waay cheaper than sachets.
  • sampras38
    sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    PianoMan wrote:
    I think the Nuun's are becoming popular because we actually need electrolytes even more than carbs, besides we can always eat to replenish glycogen. Also, many manufacturers recommend servings of powder that are far too strong, so I certainly agree with thunderflash55 on that one. Too much energy powder in a bottle isn't a good thing - it can hinder hydration and even make you feel lethargic.

Apparently, the mix I use (USN Cytopower) is only 25g a scoop which I put into 700ml of water (a ratio of less than 4%, theoretically hypotonic) but personally I get on with this far better than the recommended amount of other makes (though obviously with a tub I KNOW I could simply put less in, which isn't an option with sachets).

The USN stuff is expensive but really easy on the stomach - and even when I stopped at a cafe today (for a cappuccino and treacle tart with custard no less) it didn't exactly overload me with too much fuel to get me to the end of my ride.

You've also got to consider that you will convert carb drinks into glycogen far quicker than solid food, so it's not always just a case of getting carbs from solids.

I've also used Nuun for electrolytes but have you also tried Elete?