Colnago international 1985

reunionisl
reunionisl Posts: 3
edited January 2010 in Your road bikes
Hi all don't know where to start but I have just come round to insuring my bike and realize I have absolutely no idea how much its worth! I have checked on as many sites as I can think of but no luck. It is a Colnago international 1985 with the original campag chainset. anyone have any rough ideas? any help would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers
Chris

Comments

• ACMadone
    ACMadone Posts: 300
    Can we get some pics of it?
  • nicensleazy
    nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
    reunionisl wrote:
    Hi all don't know where to start but I have just come round to insuring my bike and realize I have absolutely no idea how much its worth! I have checked on as many sites as I can think of but no luck. It is a Colnago international 1985 with the original campag chainset. anyone have any rough ideas? any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Cheers
    Chris

You might want to try the Colnago forum.....perhaps you will get a better idea

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35
  • Cheers for the help so far I will try and get some pics up when I get back from work tomorrow an I will try the other site
    Thanks again
    Chris
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Depends on model, condition and rarity of parts. These days a good quality Italian frame of the era goes from upwards of £300 and you could add another couple of hundred for the components. Quality and condition of components are pretty key - Campagnolo C-Record, 50th Anniversary or Cobalto parts of the era in mint condition are rare and desireable. Ironically, whilst the majority of bikes of that period will have been fitted with mid-range groupsets - relative to incomes, bikes were more expensive than today - when people are looking to do a restoration they want to use Super Record in mint condition! Likewise, some components get good prices too - an original Cinelli Volare or San Marco Regal saddle in white perforated leather is highly collectable too.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..