Tacx Satori - tyre contact problems

Matty50
Matty50 Posts: 3
Hi I was just wondering if anyone can give me advice for how much surface of the tyre should be in contact with the mag wheel.

I have toyed with this for about 2 weeks now and cant seem to get it right.

it is just shreading my tyre to pieces. basically been on it 3 times and tyre is now through to the material, all rubber gone!!

I have tried with very little contact, then with lots, doesnt seem to make a difference.

Just wondered if anyone, who has got it right, could post a picture on here of how much contact they have or offer any advice.

This could become an expensive winter if i go through tyres this quickly.

Cheers
Matt

Comments

• fidbod
    fidbod Posts: 317
    If you are using standard road tyres any turbo trainer will shred through them pretty quickly. the rubber used for standard tyres is too soft.

Either get a turbo trainer specific tyre or, if you have them lying about, use armadillos on the rear tyre.

Stuart
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    fidbod wrote:
    If you are using standard road tyres any turbo trainer will shred through them pretty quickly. the rubber used for standard tyres is too soft.

Either get a turbo trainer specific tyre or, if you have them lying about, use armadillos on the rear tyre.

Stuart

I use standard tyres and have no problems at all.
    More problems but still living....
  • nmcgann
    nmcgann Posts: 1,780
    fidbod wrote:

Stuart

Turbos wear armadillos really badly - I managed to split one completely in a couple of weeks.

I use worn out Michelin Krylions - they hardly seem to wear on the turbo.
    --
    "Because the cycling is pain. The cycling is soul crushing pain."
  • abr1966
    abr1966 Posts: 54
    I've had exactly the same problem with this turbo! I've put a turbo tyre on now to help resolve it....seems to be something to do with the heat generation i think!
  • Garz
    Garz Posts: 1,155
    Im using my winter tyres atm seems to be fine except after reading this!