Mega Avalanche 2010

2»

Comments

• You could hire a bike. We hire out top quality bikes, bought new each year (last year Santa Cruz bullits and hecklers) for around €350 a week, and there are a couple of shops there too with different bikes. Pretty good value when you work out the wear and tear on your bike from a week of bashing down alpine trails!

And you will see people on all kinds of bikes doing it.

Save up for next year!
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    That's not a bad idea at all, I suppose it's a pretty good test ride too and If I really liked the bike i could always buy one myself! Trying to work out the srtucture of the race but it's all in French on the site (unless I'm being a pleb) Is the race just on 1 day and the rest of the days are qualifying and mucking about?
  • Yep, it's a prefect way to test a bike out!

Qualifier is on the friday, then depending on where you qualify you race on either saturday or sunday. There are other races during the week though, plus you'll want to pre-ride the course and qualifier, and do some of the other trails in the area.

I've put the programme into english - click on the link on the right hand side of this page called 'Megavalanche Programme': http://www.flowmtb.com/megavalanche/megavalanche/
    That's from their original programme sent to us in the sutumn, I'll be updating it this week as they now have more details.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Cool, looks like I'm saving up for next year!
  • im dying to do this race but also dying to move out. looks like i'll b saving for this next year. gives plenty of time to train and find some cheap fox 36's for my 5 lol.