Looking for MTB Riding Buddies in Melksham, Wiltshire

whiteys7
whiteys7 Posts: 6
edited May 2013 in MTB rides
Hi, Im new to the forum and looking for some riding buddies in the Melksham area to start doing some weekly rides.

Comments

• hey, i am from devizes but know of a really good route in melksham, and a few outside as well.
    signaturepz.png
    Southwestxc - The Riders Choice.
    Local Rides In The South Of England.
  • Cool not far away then, i have done a couple of rides round melksham and out towards calne/cherhill. I will drop you a PM and hopefully we can plan a ride.
  • can you recomend any rides around salisbury? i live on the edge of the plain in Larkhill but can travel bay car no problem.
    Chuck Norris tore up the periodic table as he only belives in the element of suprise!!
  • Not ventured out to salisbury as yet, but that is in the pipeline to find new routes :D il keep you updated mate :)

Salisbury isnt that far from where i am, i live in devizes so you could venture out with us some when if you like mate :)
    signaturepz.png
  • I used to do alot of 4x4 off roading in and around the plain, there are lots of good routes you just need to make sure you stay off the MOD parts! only thing is i only know the routes from memory and thats if i can remember them! so i would have to sit down with a map to plan them out. apparently wiltshire has the most byways in the country so we should be spoilt for choice. :D
  • hehe, good stuff,
    Well maybe we should take a trip out that way, and record it with the software that we are using, then we can upload to the net and have it with us all the time :)

There is a route at erlestoke but i dont know it, my mate does so will see if he fancies taking us up that way aswell.
    signaturepz.png
  • joec1
    joec1 Posts: 494
    whiteys7 wrote:
    I used to do alot of 4x4 off roading in and around the plain, there are lots of good routes you just need to make sure you stay off the MOD parts! only thing is i only know the routes from memory and thats if i can remember them! so i would have to sit down with a map to plan them out. apparently wiltshire has the most byways in the country so we should be spoilt for choice. :D

Howdy,

Se you have already found a local group (good choice ;) ) I used ot ride a lot on a Husaberg across the plains. and will agree... there are some fab routes.

Erlestoke has a lot of great singletrack but you need ot get in with a SPAM biking member to fully appreciate it. as they regularly ride there.

Martins site : (southwestxc ) has a lot of good resources and route planning info on it.

Also try using the bikehike site and if you have a Blackberry the "Smap" applications. they are also good.

Im off riding this weekend (arranged through www.settingascene.com ) around Roundway on Fri night, Castle Combe on sunday and maybe Bath uni on Saturday (depending on how shattered i am)

:) plently of action around the melksham area :) keep an eye on SPAMbiking.com as they also hold regular challenges around the plain.

Joe
    www.settingascene.com - MTBing in Wilts and the southwest, join up for info and ride details.
  • some great info there, im currently out in the desert for the next few months but cant wait to get on my bike when i get back home,

i dont mind riding on my own but would perfer to be with other people, can anybody recomend a club in the salisbury area?
    Chuck Norris tore up the periodic table as he only belives in the element of suprise!!
  • joec1
    joec1 Posts: 494
    SPAM ;)
    www.settingascene.com - MTBing in Wilts and the southwest, join up for info and ride details.
  • danwilson
    danwilson Posts: 1
    There are some good spots on the outskirts of Devises, Roundway hill is one of them, there are a couple of forests that are good. Also Savernake forest is a good place for riding as well, there are fast technical parts and fast gravel roads. Hope this helps! :D