Rear disc driving me MAD

RockingDad
RockingDad Posts: 239
edited January 2010 in MTB beginners
My rear disc it dragging on the pads and I've tried reseating the wheel etc but I can't seem to get it to stop. The disc isn't warped or anything like that and If I raise the skewer on the side of the locking lever (opposite side to the cassette) then it releases a little.

It's done it since I took the wheel out to clean it. Is this normal and it will free up or is there a problem I can't see for looking.

The brakes are avid Juicy 3's (which in my limited experience are great) but I'm getting so annoyed with this i'm beginning to wish I had blocks again!!!!

Thanks

Mark
2010 Carrera Fury
1992 Raleigh Equipe

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    when you release the Qr it gets better.

then the caliper is not aligned correctly.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    You may just need to re-align the calipers, which is a 2 minute job with an allen key. Have a look at Park Tools
  • Kiblams
    Kiblams Posts: 2,423
    If it's a constant rubbing and not only on part of the rotor (that would indicate a warped/bent rotor) then it sounds like you need to re-align the caliper. The instructions should have come with the brake/bike for how to do this, which for Avid brakes involves loosening two bolts, gripping the brake and then tightening the bolts.
  • See, thats what I love about this forum!

Into the shed I went and 30 seconds later problem solved!! calipers realigned.

i'll be able to go out for my ride tomorrow morning now. It was seriously doing my nut in.

Carrera 09..... back to being awesome!

Cheers

RockingDad
    2010 Carrera Fury
    1992 Raleigh Equipe
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    RockingDad wrote:
    I'm getting so annoyed with this i'm beginning to wish I had blocks again!!!!

Now go and wash your mouth out :wink:
  • LOL, I'm ashamed of myself :cry:
    2010 Carrera Fury
    1992 Raleigh Equipe