time impact cleats

vision267
vision267 Posts: 149
edited January 2010 in Road beginners
Any one use time impact cleats,I have a pair of rxs pedals and quite like them apart from the front float.I really don't like the way the front of the pedal has float.So much so that I have ben useing shimano 105 pedals instead.

The 105 pedals are heavy compared to rxs pedal and I have the carbon version's.I love the vice grip of the shimano's,but they are like weight's compared to the rxs.Last night I was on the time homepage and read that if I put impact cleat's on ,that it would not have front float is this correct.Has any one done this,if you have I would like to hear your story.

Comments

• No advice really but I have Time Impact on all my bikes and the cleats are now as rare as rocking horse s**t
  • huuregeil
    huuregeil Posts: 780
    I'm not sure that's true. I have both Impact and RXS pedals, and have used both cleats with both pedals. TBH, they feel the same (the cleats, not the pedals), and the brass bit is the same. However, Impact pedals do hold your foot a little firmer than RXS. It's quite easy to pick up Impact pedals on ebay (use RXS cleats with them, cos johndoran is right, the impact ones are now hard to find and, anyway, the RXS ones are better and easier to fit to your shoe) - why not give those a whirl?

Actually, if you fancy doing a deal, I have some old red impact cleats around somewhere in a box - if you fancy trying them out, I'm more than happy to send them to you for postage costs only (they're worn but still have miles in them). Alternatively, if you fancy a trade, Impact pedals for RXS pedals, I have a spare pair and I'm all ears, send me a PM!
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    I use RXS and Impact cleats cross the range of Time pedals with no perceptible difference.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • vision267
    vision267 Posts: 149
    I have ben back to back to my LBS where I bought the rxs pedals.He thinks the impact cleats will not make all that much difference,so that's that's
  • eh
    eh Posts: 4,854
    I really don't like the way the front of the pedal has float.

I don't understand this comment, are you taking about the side to side float? I'm pretty sure my Time don't float at the front.

Like Monty Dog says there is no real difference between Impact and RXS cleats, and either will work with either set of pedals.
  • Dess1e
    Dess1e Posts: 239
    eh wrote:
    I really don't like the way the front of the pedal has float.

I don't understand this comment, are you taking about the side to side float? I'm pretty sure my Time don't float at the front.

Like Monty Dog says there is no real difference between Impact and RXS cleats, and either will work with either set of pedals.

The original Impact cleats aren't supposed to be compatable with RXS.

Again I've noticed no difference in the float though.
  • eh
    eh Posts: 4,854
    The original Impact cleats aren't supposed to be compatable with RXS.

I know Time said that when they brought the RXS out, but they work fine in practise.