ROI Monster has arrived..

londonbairn
londonbairn Posts: 316
edited January 2010 in Your road bikes
(Reposted from Buying advice)

So I asked if this was a bargain for 1.5K a few weeks back, and I got it over New Year. After a trip to The Bike Whisperer to get it checked and set up (thanks Corrine and Scherrit as always!), here it is...

img9934.jpg
img9933x.jpg
img9935t.jpg

The bike was barely rode by the original buyer, in fact the mechs looked unused. The spec is...

- ROI Monster frame (very rare, manufactured in 2007, not many worldwide, cost 4.5k USD brand new)
- Dura Ace 7800 all over bar the crankset which is a brand new FSA K-Force Carbon, may swap over for a DA depending how it fairs. Yes there is a triple mech, but it shifts flawlessly, if its an issue I'll just get a double.
- Zefiro carbon seatpost/stem (stem is being changed to a FSA OS-99 CSI)
- Zefiro K-38 Carbon Clinchers (these are extremely light!)
- FSA Pro Carbon drop bars
- Time Carbon RXS pedals

I think I got a bargain for what effectively was a barely used bike that the owner paid £5,000 for, and it's a work of art!

Comments

• galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    Like it.
    Hardly ever see ROI frames.
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Galatzo wrote:
    Like it.
    Hardly ever see ROI frames.

For good reason.

They were all recalled in 2008 due to serious manufacturing defects and the company got taken over.

Only joking!
  • LOL

Nearly had me! Their 2010 stuff (under Zefiro) looks really nice....
  • Was this off ebay? Saw one very similar before xmas.
  • Yes it was, I done a deal off ebay for it. The chap was really nice, he only wanted to sell it to someone who would take care of it. There were some small issues (the rear mech was setup incorrectly, the cranks on it had damaged pedal threads) but all sorted with the seller and The Bike Whisperer sorted it out. Their view was consistent with the seller - hardly used!
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Yes it was, I done a deal off ebay for it. The chap was really nice, he only wanted to sell it to someone who would take care of it. There were some small issues (the rear mech was setup incorrectly, the cranks on it had damaged pedal threads) but all sorted with the seller and The Bike Whisperer sorted it out. Their view was consistent with the seller - hardly used!

The seller was hardly used :shock: ....
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!