Does it have preprogrammed training plans

Many thanks
Specialized Roubaix Elite - Ultegra Di2
Canyon Inflite 9.0 - Ultegra

Comments

• Yes I have one, got it about a year ago

Pros

-Solid indestructible indoor trainer, whole thing weights about 60kg
    -Gives you power measurement and cadence (the speed display is only related to your cadence)
    -Gives a road like feel, due to the large flywheel
    -Great for anything from easy spinning up to hard sprint efforts, including standing starts, doubt you could do that on a normal turbo
    -Unlimited fit adjustment, so you can exactly replicate your road bike in seconds.
    -Fixed wheel, for pedal efficiency (maybe a con depending on what you're after)
    -Stand alone trainer, so no need to worry about bringing a a dirty bike in and setting it up. impossible to puncture.
    -Dead easy to use

Cons
    -Price
    -standard bullhorn/tri bars only
    -No bells and whistles (comforts), i.e no programmes

Let us know if you have any other questions.
  • Velke
    Velke Posts: 61
    Thanks for the reply

As it doesn't have any set programmes what data do you (mainly) use for training?

Do you export the data after each seesion - is this easy?

Can you pedal out of saddle without it "rocking and rolling" as with Turbo?

Have now found out that the PT300 is out of stock in UK and being supersided with new model in March due to issues over the fixed wheel , new model will have spinning wheel, because of user accidents - have you found this?

Are you pleased you have it?
    Specialized Roubaix Elite - Ultegra Di2
    Canyon Inflite 9.0 - Ultegra
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    I read on the Wattage forum that there were problems with fluctuating power measurement on these which was put down to the flywheel heating up in use and altering the calibration of the intergral Powertap hub. Can't remember if this was an old problem that has been addressed in more recent models.
  • As it doesn't have any set programmes what data do you (mainly) use for training?
    I have used the trainer for many different training sessions.
    Recovery spins, tempo/sweetspot riding/ threshold workouts, vo2 max intervals, sprints - high cadence and high strength accelerations (an almost unlimited amount of resistance available)

Do you export the data after each seesion - is this easy?
    I do, you just plug the usb cable from the head unit into the computer, like you would a powertap.

Can you pedal out of saddle without it "rocking and rolling" as with Turbo?
    Absolutely no movement whatsoever when out of the saddle, even when sprinting, the whole unit is a 10 stone lump of steel.

Have now found out that the PT300 is out of stock in UK and being supersided with new model in March due to issues over the fixed wheel , new model will have spinning wheel, because of user accidents - have you found this?
    No, never had an accident, can't think that that is the reason for the new model, the concept of a fixed wheel is exactly the same as spinning bikes which are used worldwide, i actually prefer fixed. I do a lot of track racing and so this is by far the best trainer to get if that is what you want to do.

I actually did not know they were upgrading it until you told me, just looked at the website. Looks like the are upgrading the fixed wheel to a free wheel like you say, they are upgrading the head unit to the new joule 3.0, plus they are moving the resistance/brake controls away from the handlebars to the top tube.

Are you pleased you have it?
    Very :D
  • Bronzie wrote:
    I read on the Wattage forum that there were problems with fluctuating power measurement on these which was put down to the flywheel heating up in use and altering the calibration of the intergral Powertap hub. Can't remember if this was an old problem that has been addressed in more recent models.
    Had no problems with mine, mine is just under a year old, so perhaps its an old problem.
    The hub is a long way away from where the flywheel gets hot, so I don't know how this could happen??
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    After a quick search on Wattage, I think this problem has been addressed by Saris a while ago - sorry for bringing it up