Is ChainReaction still delivering on time?

mayonaise
mayonaise Posts: 159
edited January 2010 in MTB general
Is CRC still delivering on time (48 hours) or is the snow/ice holding delivery times back?

Thanks.

Comments

• My order is currently stuck with parcelforce. I am just chasing them up now.
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    I would imagine CRC are kicking the stuff out the door in time ... But royal mail etc are the ones with the hold up
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • mayonaise
    mayonaise Posts: 159
    I think I'll delay my order then :)
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    In case anyone wasn't aware, there's been lots of this stuff called "snow" on the ground which apparently can cause transport delays...
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    Between me and the Mrs we ordered a lot of stuff from CRC begining of last week. The stuff that came by Royal mail was the usual next day however the parcelforce 48 stuff took longer. We had to drive to our local depot to pic the parcel up.

Having spoken to CRC to see where the orders were they admitted that they had a backlog but it was nearly on top of.

The only reason parcel force were slow around our end was because most of the drivers couldnt get to work.

I would be patient though with the conditions the way they are!
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    48hrs delivery isn't guaranteed uness you pay extra for it , folk just expect it as normal
    due to their , for the most part , efficient service.
    considering the busy time of year and difficult conditions , delivery in 5 days is still pretty
    good.
    whinging f*ckers.
  • Broonster
    Broonster Posts: 440
    Still turned round an order for me within a day last week.

Personally, I think some of the courier drivers/posties are 'at it' and using the weather as an excuse to bugger off home early (as is probably half the country mind you!). I ordered some stuff off the net (not MTB gear) and tracked the order. Had to phone the local depot who told me the driver had tried to deliver but had trouble with the snow. ALL the roads round my way were fine. Incidentally, I was told that the driver finished his round at 1.30pm (i.e. buggered off home!).

Same this morning (again, non-MTB gear): driver came to the door with a delivery and said that a colleague had tried to deliver on Saturday but there was no response. We sat in the whole bloody day waiting for the ferkin delivery! :evil:
    Winter: Moda Nocturne
    Road: Cervelo R3
    'Cross: Ridley X-Night
    Commuter: Genesis Day One
  • It turns out my bits had arrived but Parcelforce were not showing them as delivered on there site and my parents had forgotten to tell me they were here :twisted:
  • Bert UK
    Bert UK Posts: 62
    I ordered some knee pads and gloves from them friday evening, and got them today.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Ordered some brake blocks on Thursday night and got them today.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • clarkson
    clarkson Posts: 1,641
    ordered some stuff wednesday, still not come. to be fair im in no rush and cos of the snow, im not expecting them anytime soon!
    I said hit the brakes not the tree!!

2006 Specialized Enduro Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3192886/

2008 Custom Merlin Malt 4
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2962222/

2008 GT Avalanche Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3453980/
  • Ordered some Rims and Brake Blocks last Thursday from CRC and they turned up Sunday. Parcel force drivers working on Sunday to clear the backlog. Excellent performance from CRC/ParcelForce as usual in my experiance
    Audio, Video, Disco

8.6 Mile daily commute
  • KonaKurt
    KonaKurt Posts: 720
    Personally, I have to say that I am impressed with both CRC and also Parcelforce (and it's not often that I'm heard saying that)! My order from Saturday evening was delivered today (Mon afternoon). There is still alot of snow and ice about on the roads down in my neck of the woods, but my order has still come through ok.

:)

KK.
  • lesz42
    lesz42 Posts: 690
    i work for a a large online shop, and have major issues with the weather, all the best will and money cant beat it!
    Giant Trance X0 (08) Reverb, Hope Hoops 5.1D, XT brakes, RQ BC, Works Components headset 1.5
  • bones3027
    bones3027 Posts: 152
    CRC have amazed yet again ordered XTR chain on sunday evening, checked order mon afternoon still processing and 10am today chain through the letter box, well done guys another happy customer. :lol:
  • Barrie_G
    Barrie_G Posts: 479
    I'm still waiting for an order that was posted out on the 5th, I'm going to give it til tomorrow and check with my local delivery depo then e-mail CRC just to start the ball rolling just incase it has gone missing, though I'm sure it's just been held up because of the holidays/weather :?
  • weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    They're on better form for me now

Friday ordered, arrived today.
  • mozzy10
    mozzy10 Posts: 179
    Just spoke to CRC on the phone about a DVD I ordered on the 18th of December and has not arrived. They told me to email if it did not turn up by the 3rd of Jan -which I did.

But 10 emails later I still hadn't heard anything about my replacement. So i bit the bullit and waited ages on their phone system to speek to someone. As it turns out their email is down and all messages are coming through blank (so none of my 10 emails were seen).

So if you need to get in touch the only way currently is to ring and wait through the queing system.

DVD is now on its way.

I think internet orders are heading out as usual now.
    It\'s not your aptitude but your attitude that determins your altitude
  • captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    CRC have just done one of their fastest deloveries to me ordered sunday got it today, with standard royal mail delivery. They seem to be back on form AND it was 100% right too, frankly I'm amazed :D
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • wordnumb
    wordnumb Posts: 847
    Ordered stuff late Sunday arrived this morning. Proper job.
  • CraigXXL
    CraigXXL Posts: 1,852
    Order yesterday, delivered today.
  • Same here, ordered Sunday, delivered yesterday gawd bless my postie!
  • Johnp
    Johnp Posts: 51
    Ordered last Monday (4th) and still not here!!!!
  • acac
    acac Posts: 348
    ordered a couple small bist monday morning frist thing got first thing tuesday morning
    i allways got my orders with in to days.
    play hard ride hard
  • bomberesque
    bomberesque Posts: 1,701
    I placed an order yesterday at 2pm, I had confirmation that it had left CRC at 10am this morning. As for Parcelforce, well they usually take 5 days or so t get to Europe anyway and what with the tunnel being full of broken down trains I dare say it may take a couple of days longer this time
    Everything in moderation ... except beer
    Beer in moderation ... is a waste of beer

If riding an XC race bike is like touching the trail,
    then riding a rigid singlespeed is like licking it
    ... or being punched by it, depending on the day
  • Ordered my Elixir CR Carbons last night and a set of Ritchey grips. Email saying they have been shipped this morning woop woop :D
  • All my order over christmas and new year have arrived within two working days :)

Just placed an order last night, so will see if it lands tomorrow.
  • never had a problem with CRC, i ordered some bits monday night and got them this morning
    happy as usual :D
  • Ordered something else, yesterday at 1pm, rec'd this morning at 9:30am.
  • Colzer1
    Colzer1 Posts: 58
    I ordered loads of stuff over the christmas holidays and had no problem with delivery times.
    Pace RC405
    Pace RC303
    Specialized A1 Rockhopper Pro Disc
    Bits A Bike SingleSpeed mountain bike
    Single speed Reynolds steel framed road bike
    1992 Marin rocky Ridge
    1990 Trek 8000
    1991 Kona Fire Mountain