What other exercise do you do besides biking

Stumpjumper25
Stumpjumper25 Posts: 156
edited January 2010 in Women
I've just taken up jogging hehehehe hoping by xmas i can jog for 45mins without having to start / stop then maybe pick up the speed. I do weights at home twice a wk an all that boring stuff.
So what about you?,

Comments

• Climbing, exercise needs to be not boring for me. I've tried the gym but couldn't stand the stuffiness and the lack of people being friendly - ipod on, don't speak to anyone, seemed to be the way of it.

Oh and when the hills are eventually covered in white stuff. Snowboarding.
  • I dont.

I walk the dog. I walk around campus.. I walk to the car.

The rest I cycle :lol:
    4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul.
  • Skiing (including ski touring) when it's too snowy round here to ride, but that doesn't happen too often in the UK! Snowshoeing and hiking too.

I'm not a gym fan either!
  • I ride and look after my horse and i'm on a 12 week course of excersise at the gym ( the doctor put me on it :? ) I go walking too.
    The horse keeps me fit as he's a sod to ride and a dirty sod in the stable, loadsa poooooo :lol:
    Caz xxxx
  • MrsMoo
    MrsMoo Posts: 22
    I do yoga which is quite good when my legs are feeling really stiff and achy from cycling as it stretches them out!
  • I don't do a lot else TBH, bit of dog walking and bodyboarding - I'm not a gym person.

Quite fancy taking up rowing or something next summer for a bit of variation though.

As long as it's fun/sport I'm happy - I don't really exercise for the sake of exercising if you get what I mean?!
  • There are other exercises besides mtb'ing?
  • I run about 15 miles a week. and walk to the pub occasionally :D
  • Running, swimming, weights in the living room (yes gyms suck)..
    tmacsigcopy.jpg
  • The jogging is going to plan can do 30mins now without stopping, I've found it easier to just put the trainers on an go then getting the bike out. Don't think the weathers helping.
    I went to a spinning class the other night enjoyed it but kept thinking i should be out side doing this, but i don't think the smell from the person next to me help. Thats another reason why i don't like group exercise in health clubs, why do people not care if they smell ?.
  • I still play football once a week, and I've just started playing table tennis again after a ten year lay off. I'd forgotten what an excellent work out that can be.
    Northwind wrote: It's like I covered it in superglue and rode it through ebay.
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Total Gym exercises. Circuit training. Stretching. Light Martial Arts routine. Indoor turbo stuff.
    Bosu balance ball. Swiss balance ball. Light weights. Have turned spare room into a small gym, with shower, toilet, sink etc.
    Train every other day or so, occasionally 5 - 6 days per week with a total rest day.

Some days are light/recovery/easy, others are hard/intense. Weekly total, 8 - 15hrs approx.
    Been doing exercise for over 35yrs, ( ex Professional PT/Self Defence instructor previously) so I aint gonna stop now!!!

No running/jogging due to injury re-hab/recovery programme.
    Trail running will recommence after Christmas/New Year...hopefully.
    When fully better/recovered, 2010 is going to be "My" year!
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Sex :lol:
  • hiya

gone quiet since pokerface mentioned sex :!: but is good exercise or so my husband keeps telling me :wink: anyway also do swimming, and got my own circuit training routine thats torture !
  • I do british military fitness, climbing, bouldering hiking and i eat.
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    The gym, spinning (or does that count as cycling?), and - in moments of sheer insanity - the occassional run :shock:

Oh, and sex :lol:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • I play games sitting on my bum hoping it will develope into a cushion to pretet me from my aging saddle :p
  • stomith
    stomith Posts: 332
    For eyes: I try to get in at least 2 movies per week, for jaws: moan about the economy, greed, footballers, pop stars & overpaid anybodies.

If I am not too busy - for upper body strength ....i throw things, such as wotsits & twiglets, at the television. This usually co-incides with something called X-Craptor.

I also have a daily routine (at least once a day) whereby I do a workout on all, three, which 'could' be interpreted as eating.

To keep my joints in good shape I employ a similar practise to Yoga/Pilates whereby I lie down for 8 hours which both stretches my joints and rests my muscles.

I have no idea what a gym is - but i feel from what people say about it - that it is probably a place to practise a form of sharp shooting, so I may find one in my town soon.

:)
  • DanielleT
    DanielleT Posts: 259
    I go horse riding, climbing, bouldering, play squash, attempt to jog and just started skiing. Also try and fit in some ab work and weights at home. Gyms suck! :lol:
    delightfully dangerous!
  • I THINK about exercising - I do THINK climbing, kayaing, bungee jumping, skiing, bear wrestling and cow throwing.
    My little grey cells are extremely fit but I have the arse the size of a bus!
  • stomith
    stomith Posts: 332
    Buses are bus like.
    Ford Transits with seat conversions are bus like.
    Kid with hat on, in front of two rows of kids on chairs is bus like.
    Not being able to fit into a space in Sainsburys car park is bus like.
    Some 4x4's or people carriers are bus like.

9 stone is not bus like.