woohoo...I'm in this months WMB mag!!!

LoUiS1985
LoUiS1985 Posts: 841
edited January 2010 in MTB general
I'm in the readers picture section on P42, the one on the right taken at Capel Curig last summer!!

Comments

• stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    I got 5 pages in last month's MBR so nah nah de nah nah :lol: (page 18 for anyone interested :wink: ).
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I'm on page 34 ;-) ;-)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    stumpyjon wrote:
    I got 5 pages in last month's MBR so nah nah de nah nah :lol: (page 18 for anyone interested :wink: ).

are you the one with the full barrow or the one being emptied?
  • LoUiS1985
    LoUiS1985 Posts: 841
    supersonic wrote:
    I'm on page 34 ;-) ;-)

you're in there every month so it doesn't count.... :wink:
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    stumpyjon wrote:

are you the one with the full barrow or the one being emptied?

Are you actually anywhere in it Stumpy? :lol:
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    I feel I may have mislead people a little. The guy emptying the wheelbarrow is actually Mancunianfightingcat of this parish.

They did take my photo but obviously decided not to use it in case it made dig days look too glamourous and put new punters off. What I really meant was one of the dig days I organised got five pages of coverage in MBR and I got quoted a few times.

The most ironic bit was the MBR boys got my details from the Singletrack magazine website after they kindly mentionned our dig days on the news section of their website. We actually had one of the Singletrack freelance writers out with us on the same day. I was hoping for a big inter magazine fight but they were all very cordial and even more surprising did quite a bit of work between taking pics and asking questions. Just need WMB or MBUK to get on the Gisburn trail building bandwagon now (hint hint any good with a spade Sonic :lol: ).
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i might read it now to see what the fuss is about.
  • GhallTN6
    GhallTN6 Posts: 505
    I got this month's Star letter in MBR ... here's hoping I get the prize, sent them an e-mail but had no response, gutted if I don't get it!!
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    i made it into wmb begining of last year.. readers pics .

actual pic was my brother that i took, in whistler on slick rock...
  • GhallTN6 - I hope your not talking about the Feb edition of MBR as I got the star letter! 8) I've also not heard anything despite an e-mail today. Did you get it resolved?
    Scott Genius 08, Marin Rock Springs 08, Marin Pine Mountain 89
  • Black
    Black Posts: 172
    edited January 2010
    Good work Stumpy have seen the video clip
    But WMB Crap Mag never read it
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    How do you know if you never read it?
  • GhallTN6 - I hope your not talking about the Feb edition of MBR as I got the star letter! 8) I've also not heard anything despite an e-mail today. Did you get it resolved?

I won the best accident pic, old blokes who should know better I think it's called. I think it was September 08, not 100% on that though.

It took about 3 months to get the prize off them, and that was with constantly emailing, telephoning and chasing them up.

In the end I sent an email along the lines of 'as one of your loyal and faithful subscribers I am shocked that you can't get in touch with me to let me know what's going on......etc'

It seemed to work, so it's worth chasing them or you may never see the prize.