Riders in Kingsbridge, Devon

timnoyce
timnoyce Posts: 42
edited January 2010 in MTB rides
Hi there, just wondered if anyone in or around Kingsbridge wanted to meet up for some riding during the week. I have good lights, but am relatively new to the area and need some more inspiration for route selection. Trying to mix up my riding and get out on the bike rather than sitting on the bike in the gym!

Comments

• Hi mate,

If your willing to come to plymouth there is a mtb group called yogi. Google it and fing them. They have a forum you can ask questions etc. Im in Plympton if you ant to meet up over the weekend etc. Sounds a bit wrong that!!! If you want to go riding.... Thats better :lol:

Cheers Matt
    Only the strong survive.... Keep low move fast
  • yogi
    yogi Posts: 456
    There's also Cycle Sport South Hams who are based in Kingsbridge. Website .http://www.cssh.co.uk/

Get yourself along to the Soggy Bottom race at Newnham Park, Plympton this Sunday details here http://www.xcracer.com/content.php?pid=211

Your welcome to hook-up with us (see website below) there is some fantastic riding in the Plymouth area.
  • camerauk
    camerauk Posts: 1,000
    any idea of the address of the park I may pop down on sunday to watch do they charge?
    Specialized Camber Expert
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • Thanks for the responses. I had planned to enter the soggy bottom race in Feb actually, need to service my bike in the mean time as riding it in anger at the moment would probably destroy the drivetrain.

I work over in Paignton and share lifts so its a bit of a hassle getting back from work and then back out to Plymouth for an evening ride. I'm sure once I've done it once I could get in a routine though as I am sure it will be worth it.

I'll send the CSSH guys another email. They seem to be quite focussed on road riding, but I prefer to stay off the lanes as much as possible as drivers don't give you enough (if any) space!
  • yogi
    any idea of the address of the park I may pop down on sunday to watch do they charge?

Yes - at the bottom of my road. To be more accurate here http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 09692&z=13

No charge for watching these races. Come and have a chat if you see me - I'm easy to spot YOGi black & white kit and a bright orange Cannondale!
  • camerauk
    yogi wrote:

No charge for watching these races. Come and have a chat if you see me - I'm easy to spot YOGi black & white kit and a bright orange Cannondale!

Ok will do looks like it will be a cold day hopefully see you sunday
    are you competing?
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • yogi
    Yes, in the veterans.
  • camerauk
    Ok Good luck with the ride and hope to have a chat if I see you
    cheers
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • If you come down the A38, come off at the Plympton turn off. Turn right at the t junc, 1st left at the round about, 2nd right at second round about, straight over third round about, 2nd right at fourth round about and your see signs from there.

Hope this helps! :?
    Only the strong survive.... Keep low move fast
  • camerauk
    commando04 wrote:
    If you come down the A38, come off at the Plympton turn off. Turn right at the t junc, 1st left at the round about, 2nd right at second round about, straight over third round about, 2nd right at fourth round about and your see signs from there.

Hope this helps! :?

cheers for that will write that down but hopefully sat nav will get me there with postcode lol
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • yogi
    Soggy Bottom Race has been cancelled for tomorrow and moved to following Sunday 17th.

Unfortunately me and my club are on a day release to the velodrome at Newport but I'm sure some of the MTB boyz will be at Newnham.
  • camerauk
    cheers for the info I will try and make it next sun but maybe working
    Specialized Allez Sport