freehub aka will

tomsdad
tomsdad Posts: 221
edited January 2010 in The bottom bracket
I'm quite new to this forum so can any one tell me why everyone loves to wind up freehub?

Comments

• Never heard of him.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    He's a crazy mofo
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • tomsdad
    I wondered if he was napD's love child ?
  • SCR Pedro
    SCR Pedro Posts: 912
    Does he still have that Peugeot for sale?

Cheers
    Pedro
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    I have no idea, but can't resist the trend.

I want to know why his bike does not fit him?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    tomsdad wrote:

He's no son of mine.
  • tomsdad
    I have a peugot racer might sell. its steel with 20inch wheels drops and five speed derailler
    prob about 20 years old at least fit 8 /10 year old. any use
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    tomsdad wrote:
    I have a peugot racer might sell. its steel with 20inch wheels drops and five speed derailler
    prob about 20 years old at least fit 8 /10 year old. any use

Will was selling a 605, not a bike...
  • tomsdad
    sorry napd just discovered reddraggons fliker and there was freehub maybe he is HIS love child.not yours.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    tomsdad wrote:
    sorry napd just discovered reddraggons fliker and there was freehub maybe he is HIS love child.not yours.

Nah he's not mine:

3364386678_61dfba7b9e.jpg

I think he's Spanielsson's :twisted:
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • tomsdad
    :!:
  • I think he's Spanielsson's :twisted:

Cheers pal. I love you too.
  • Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Will was selling a 605, not a bike...

Yeah, is that still for sale? I could do with an old banger to transport my bikes about...
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Old banger - you mean classic car surely.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • balthazar
    balthazar Posts: 1,565
    Bhima wrote:
    Yeah, is that still for sale? I could do with an old banger to transport my bikes about...
    The 605 is one of the few Peugeots I could covet. And it was in one of the coolest film car chases. Mind you, I've got a thing for unloved old eurobarges.
  • SCR Pedro
    SCR Pedro Posts: 912
    Is it like this one?

2008-peugeot-608-1_460x0w.jpg

I might make him an offer if he can tax & MOT it for me. You could easily fit a couple of bikes in there.

Pedro
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • iainment
    iainment Posts: 992
    tomsdad wrote:
    I'm quite new to this forum so can any one tell me why everyone loves to wind up freehub?

Herd mentality, with a bit of cyber bullying thrown in.
    Old hippies don't die, they just lie low until the laughter stops and their time comes round again.
    Joseph Gallivan
  • balthazar wrote:
    Bhima wrote:
    The 605 is one of the few Peugeots I could covet. And it was in one of the coolest film car chases. Mind you, I've got a thing for unloved old eurobarges.

I asked him if he had changed the cambelt and he didnt reply so I would be a bit careful if I were you.
  • balthazar
    I asked him if he had changed the cambelt and he didnt reply so I would be a bit careful if I were you.
    Hmm. I once had a Citroen XM — the other car in the Ronin chase (apart from the mythical Mercedes 450SEL 6.9) — which died when the cambelt failed. It did so, inimitably, in the fast lane of the north circular — and in those cars, loss of power means loss of everything, steering, suspension, the lot. The manouvre to the hard shoulder was entertaining.
  • balthazar wrote:
    Hmm. I once had a Citroen XM — the other car in the Ronin chase (apart from the mythical Mercedes 450SEL 6.9) — which died when the cambelt failed. It did so, inimitably, in the fast lane of the north circular — and in those cars, loss of power means loss of everything, steering, suspension, the lot. The manouvre to the hard shoulder was entertaining.

Me Mam had a 605 and the cambelt jumped on that, she was lucky no real damage. I had a 16v Clio and the cambelt went on that, I wasnt so lucky, I bent 9 valves iirc :cry:
  • Chip \'oyler
    Chip \'oyler Posts: 2,323
    balthazar wrote:

There's no such thing as a 'fast lane' :roll:
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!
  • balthazar
    balthazar wrote:

There's no such thing as a 'fast lane'
    That is some splendid internet pedantry. To some people, who may number in the majority, the fast lane is a casual term for the the outside lane — that one nearest the central reservation. On a motorway, that lane is reserved for overtaking. On the north circular, it's a free-for-all.
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    Anyone for a game of soldiers?
  • balthazar wrote:
    balthazar wrote:

There's no such thing as a 'fast lane'
    That is some splendid internet pedantry. To some people, who may number in the majority, the fast lane is a casual term for the the outside lane — that one nearest the central reservation. On a motorway, that lane is reserved for overtaking. On the north circular, it's a free-for-all.

All 3 lanes of the N Circ are passing lanes and the outside lane is the "ok to break the speed limit lane", apparently :shock: .
  • balthazar
    All 3 lanes of the N Circ are passing lanes and the outside lane is the "ok to break the speed limit lane", apparently :shock: .
    Ok to nearly double it if you're in a scaff truck or an Iveco Daily, presumably. Hold onto your hat.
  • Leesykoi
    Leesykoi Posts: 338
    tomsdad wrote:

Defo can't be NapD's lurve child, heard his crank is not parallel and his valves are pointing the wrong way, read into that what you will (literally)....

Lee.
    I like shiny bikes - especially Italian ones.....!!
  • Mothyman
    Mothyman Posts: 655
    ...i note that Will is keeping a respectfull distance from this thread........but i bet he has peeked in to see what we're all saying about him..... :lol:
  • tomsdad
    Mothyman wrote:
    ...i note that Will is keeping a respectfull distance from this thread........but i bet he has peeked in to see what we're all saying about him..... :lol:

No hes off biggin up selby!!
    see" it could only happen here" on cake stop
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    633908839279895950-specialpeople.jpg
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."