Tranz-X Turbo trainer

nolf
nolf Posts: 1,287
edited January 2010 in Road beginners
Hi there,

there seem to be a million of these on E-bay, and on the face of it look half decent.
I have searched for a topic here and on loads of other forums discussing them, but all seems to be silent.

Has anyone used them?
They look like a good deal, variable magnetic resistance turbo trainer for £65 + £10 p&p.

I really want a turbo, but theres a good £30 step up to Tackx and Cycleops.

Heres the turbo, there are loads of them for sale, and they seem to sell.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

Thanks very much!
"I hold it true, what'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost;
Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I would rather buy a second hand decent one.

Have you seen the size of the flywheel?!? :shock:
  • sagalout
    sagalout Posts: 338
    I'd be weary of buying anything with a name that's obviously intended to sound like a well known brand. It's probably cheap tat. Might be wrong, but I'd rather buy 2nd hand or pay the extra for known quality.
  • paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    They're selling like hot-cakes! I've been bidding on them for weeks and still haven't won one. Damn!
  • johnah
    johnah Posts: 11
    I have had one of these for 3 winters now and am more than happy with it. I think my came from St Johns Cycles of off E bay.
  • My buddie uses one of these, I've had a go on a number of occasions and for the money its very good. I would be tempted to use a trainer tyre with it though.

Phil
    Giant SCR, BRIGHT Orange.
  • I have one of those: adjustable resistance has 6 or 7 settings and it folds away neatly when not in use: after the 3rd session most likely :-)

Then again it is summer down my way