Davis leaves Quick.Step

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited January 2010 in Pro race
The long rumoured departure

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/allan-d ... _headlines

I guess the Astana announcement will be in a day or two :wink:
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    contador to quick step and Rasmussen to Astana.. :P :P
    cartoon.jpg
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Sorry if it's mean but I really think this guy is as slippery as an eel in melted butter. He said that his ban from Puerto was unjust. He said that he'd never given blood to Fuentes...

...which could be true. But Fuentes had notes on giving him EPO and growth hormones. See "Document 23" from the case file, Davis seems to have had a whole seperate folder chez Eufamio, perhaps because his objectivos were different, he was after sprint wins in Milan-San Remo and other events, a bit removed from the hilly tours that most Spanish riders aim for.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    "Ex-Manolo Saiz rider in drugs denial shocker"

I'm interested that the predominantly Anglophone media can admonish selected riders from any associations with the likes of Fuentes.

Anyway, for a sprinter, he's got a surprisingly brief palmares - maybe he just got dropped because he's cr@p?

Nothing to see here everybody...move-on!
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Last year he was 4th in San Remo and Vattenfall and 2nd in Paris Brussels. Not an entirely shabby season. I would never describe him as crap. A bit shifty perhaps, but not crap.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Why couldn't he announce he was going to Astana when he left Quick Step?