Superstar send sweeties!

missmarple
missmarple Posts: 1,980
edited January 2010 in The Crudcatcher
Received my foamy grips this morning after ordering yesterday after lunch (with free delivery) and along with the grips came a strip of lemon refresher. :P

Plus, those pump-up garden sprayers are so useful for cleaning your bike, mine is pristine now.

Comments

• Dazzza
    Dazzza Posts: 2,364
    Oooh

lemon refresher i love those.

GIMMIE!!!!!!
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Giant Anthem X
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 2,086
    Probably more use than their brake pads...
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    The brake pads are as good as Shimano, in my experience (only 7 or 8 sets used so far though). But not as tasty as refreshers.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Alex
    7 or 8 sets?

What are you doing? Running resin/organics?
  • Northwind
    Nope, just running them on a few bikes for different people, and doing decent miles myself.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Alex
    Ahhh. 8 sets would be a little rapid for normal wear on sintered pads for one person, within the life of Superstar components.

Personally, I've had a set of superstar pads fall off the backing plates, and the replacements underperformed, so I'd not touch them again.

I'm I tend to use Goodridge these days.
  • Alex
    They have vastly improved. There was a time when the pad used to come ff the backing plate but they seem to have rectified the problem!

The superstar sintered pads in my saints are actually better than the shimano replacements!
  • i ordered a pair of there magnesium pedals a few days ago, and they came with a mini bag of haribo. can't comment on the pads though as i've never used them.
  • Torres
    Torres Posts: 1,266
    They sent me two bags of haribo with my chain device (which is a bargin at 35 quid!) :D
    What We Achieve In Life, Echoes In Eternity
  • Northwind
    Yeah, I never used the pads til relatively recently so I think I missed the old, rotten ones, I know they used to have serious issues but you don't hear about that happening now.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • ramemtbers
    ramemtbers Posts: 1,562
    i was always taught not to accept sweets from strangers.... :lol: you might be kidnapped now, was there anyone in the package :? :shock: :P
  • missmarple
    ramemtbers wrote:
    i was always taught not to accept sweets from strangers.... :lol: you might be kidnapped now, was there anyone in the package :? :shock: :P

Well the man that delivered it had a striking resemblance to Mr Bean. :lol:

The grips are awesome too, I'm tempted to order a few other things from them over the coming months as the service is superb.
  • ramemtbers
    what grips??? what make model???
  • missmarple
    ramemtbers wrote:
    what grips??? what make model???

You know.....the Foamy Grips, they're not lock-ons but they do the job for me. £4.99 delivered. Result!
  • ramemtbers
    ahh sorry, i should have read the post. i have new grips on my norco. ignore the bar ends they are being changed to the red version. (same with the seat clamp)

PICT0110.jpg
  • missmarple
    I am meaning these:

foamy.jpg

:D I love deeee foam.
  • ramemtbers
    i have never had foamies. only ever rubbers, what are they like?
  • missmarple
    ramemtbers wrote:
    i have never had foamies. only ever rubbers, what are they like?

Comfortable. But a bugger to put on. :twisted:
  • ramemtbers
    yeah, i bet. do you use hair spray. i prefer lock ons to be honest