Cycling clubs - west london

CAB SLC
CAB SLC Posts: 34
Any recommendations for weekend rides would be much appreciated. Need to get my arse into gear some big sportives,,,,,

Assume there must be clubs in the ealing/chiswick area??

Many thanks

CAB
Cervelo - aero tubing looks awesome but i am sure it makes bugger all differnce to performance!

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    You'll find the Archer and Willesden clubs to the north of you and they tend to head to the Chilterns. To the south, you'll find the London Dynamo and Kingston Wheelers and they go out to the Surrey Hills. Take your pick, all seem interesting in their own way.
  • Thanks any firm recc's and or pros/cons

CAB
    Cervelo - aero tubing looks awesome but i am sure it makes bugger all differnce to performance!
  • Don't know what they are like as a group because I am too disorganised to join anything, but the Serpentine running club having a cycling arm. I have seen them in Richmond Park riding as a group and I think they do a regular run out towards Windsor.
    RichardFcp wrote:
    Don't know what they are like as a group because I am too disorganised to join anything, but the Serpentine running club having a cycling arm. I have seen them in Richmond Park riding as a group and I think they do a regular run out towards Windsor.

I think they're part of Serpentine Tri. Might be wrong though.

EDIT: there's also Twickenham CC.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Probably a bit far for you, but The Gregarios Superclub Ciclista have members from all parts of London, Herts, and Middlesex. They meet in Bushey Heath. Guess you'd need to stick your bike in a car if you were riding with them.
    http://www.gregarios.co.uk