Truvativ Isoflow Powerspline crankset.

dr.a
dr.a Posts: 120
edited January 2010 in MTB buying advice
Having worn the teeth down on the left-hand (powerspline) crank arm on my mate's GT Avalanche 2.0, I'm needing to replace it. on CRC, they sell the Chainset, but I was wondering if It's possible for me to get JUST the single crank arm?

here's the link:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=42004

Thanks.
"If you're sleeping', you're not gonna play anything" - John Petrucci, 2004.

2002-2007: Terrano Bullion
2007-2008: Apollo Guru
2008-2010: Shockwave XT980
2010: Carrera Fury 08

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Possibly, you'll have to check dealers.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I would really recommend you just replace the crankset with something better, the crank and BB are extremely heavy and the BBs are terrible, really short lifespans. If you ask in the classifieds though people on here are bound to have a set up the back of the garage gathering dust, they're very common on entry-level bikes then they get upgraded. I need mine as a spare or you'd be welcome to it but it might be going on a commuter.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • m_cozzy
    m_cozzy Posts: 132
    Is it really that bad though? The truvativ bb on my avalanche 1 is original & now nearly 5 years old & spins beautifully still & all the teeth are fine on the chainset. Frustrating really as I want to get a slx to replace it, just cannot justify it yet!
    I don't see the hollotech2 bb on my new bike lasting this long.
    Banned from singletrack forum again :-)
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Neither of mine lasted 500 miles... The square taper Isoflow or the cheaper Shimanos can be had for around £30-40 if you hunt around.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    yes you can, try phoning fishers or get your lbs to.
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    Might have one on the banshee frame that sits around doing nothing ... Cant check till tomorrow though but if there is ill post back
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • dr.a
    dr.a Posts: 120
    Thank you so much, A.Palmer!

That seems to be just what I'm looking for :wink:
    "If you're sleeping', you're not gonna play anything" - John Petrucci, 2004.

2002-2007: Terrano Bullion
    2007-2008: Apollo Guru
    2008-2010: Shockwave XT980
    2010: Carrera Fury 08
  • stomith
    stomith Posts: 332
    mumbles something about how terrible Truvativ spliney crappy BB things are....the 5D cranks were OK but heavy and dull as a dull thing.

Lasted about 400 miles...and i hear that is quite good going! Replacements lasted about 150.

rubbish, rubbish and rubbish. but then they only cost about 3 pence per.

In shop...pointed at SLX BB + cranks. gave man money for goods and services....walked away happy.
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    Truvativ X-Flow with Powerspline BB.
    1year and 5 months, with 1800miles and it still runs smoothly.

I've only had problems on muddy rides, you can hear some grinding noise but nothing
    that a good clean and lube can't solve.