Cycling clubs/riders around the Rochester area

gregster10217
gregster10217 Posts: 469
edited December 2009 in Road beginners
I've had a look at the club British club website but there seems to be only 2 listed and not sure about them. Anyone on here a member of a club in the Rochester area that can recommend them, or any others. I don't mind putting the bike in the car to meet up.
Any other lone riders around that want a cycling buddy for sporadic (work dependant) rides for general fitness?
Thanks
Limited Edition Boardman Team Carbon No. 448
Boardman MTB Team

Comments

• i live in allhallows when i work down there,i won't be back down until 8th of jan though and could always do with someone to train with as i have entered for the 2010 etape caledonia.My only other biggest sportive was in liphook,hampshire this year,60 miler on an evans ride it,other than that i have been doing 20 or 30 milers around hoo peninsula,higham,chalk and gravesend.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Medway Velo, meet at 9am outside Victory cycles in Rainham every Saturday morning, usually 2 or maybe 3 groups, come along.
    http://medwayvelo.org.uk/Medway_Velo/Home.html
  • cheers dmclite,would like to but my one day off is a sunday...typical!!!
  • I've had a look at the club British club website but there seems to be only 2 listed and not sure about them. Anyone on here a member of a club in the Rochester area that can recommend them, or any others. I don't mind putting the bike in the car to meet up.
    Any other lone riders around that want a cycling buddy for sporadic (work dependant) rides for general fitness?
    Thanks

Greg give me a shout on the off chance if you fancy a ride. I generally am out at the weekends early morning as the roads are pretty clear.
  • Thanks for the replies. I'll be in contact once my cold has cleared to get out there.

With regards to Medway velo, unfortunately my wife works Saturday so not only has the car but I have our son to look after so that day is out. Any meets on Sundays at all?
    Boardman MTB Team
  • You might try the Wigmore club:
    http://www.wigmorecyclingclub.org.uk/runs.shtml

I bumped into a few of them when I was out on a ride a few months ago, and they said it wouldn't be a problem to meet up with them for a ride if I was there another time.
  • thanks for the link george,this club sounds ideal for me,quite near to where i live as well.
  • +1 for the Wigmore club. Sounds ideal. Will get some miles under my belt and then get in touch. Been a bit difficult getting out with work and dark days recently.
    Boardman MTB Team