Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

tailwindhome
tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
edited October 2019 in Deals and offers
or Things you should buy!

Have thought for sometime we should have a thread to point out the cycle sale bargains and discount offers we have spotted as opposed to 'Things we have bought'.

While I know we probably all get the same newsletter emails there may be hidden gems we have missed and sure don't we all like a bit of window shopping.

I'll kick off.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Sale/26/Focus ... 360037591/

focus-wigglecayo09-med.jpg

Carbon fibre with a 105 groupset for' £825 , that's got to make sense. :D
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• poundland - everything is £1! :lol:
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    Trailradar wrote:
    poundland - everything is £1! :lol:

Pshhh... wot a ripoff... 99p store is cheaper.
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • These ladies bibtights on CRC for just £28 (padded) - XL only, which suits me fine!

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=40261

Also this webiste: http://www.bikepimp.co.uk/ which you can search for bike gear on and it finds the biggest discounts.
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    I assume that XL is "sport" xl and not real people xl :roll:
  • curse crc and their "sale" small's or xl's are on sale and medium's still fecking far more expensive...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • moonio
    moonio Posts: 802
    Actually this is not a bargan and I'm not buying it, I just love it :)
    northwave-alphabet-jersey-womans-48602.jpg
  • pllb
    pllb Posts: 158
    ProBikeKit have a sale and a 10% discount code (code is XMAS) hence this is a bargain at £16.20:

c1471.jpg
  • -null- wrote:

Erm, well, I'm about a size 14 in 'real people' sizing, and the xl fits me well.
  • XMAS09 gets you 10% off and free delivery at www.rapha.cc until the end of 3rd Jan. I'm sure you'll all agree that it makes everything on their website an absolute steal... :D
  • got too be my selle italia thoork saddle from planet x. £50 bargain.
    SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Sportsshoes had some Goretex Paclites for around £70, before Christmas.

Also had loads of other bits of Cycling stuff, too many to mention.
  • Cheshley
    Cheshley Posts: 1,448
    -null- wrote:

Erm, well, I'm about a size 14 in 'real people' sizing, and the xl fits me well.

At 6ft 5 and 17 stone, I tend to find XL cycling clothing to be a touch on the snug side :lol:
    1998 Marin Hawk Hill
    2008 Specialized FSR XC Comp
    2008 Scott Speedster S30 FB

SLOW RIDES FOR UNFIT PEOPLE - Find us on Facebook or in the MTB Rides section of this forum.
  • tailwindhome
    Wiggle code for use to midnight 13th Jan 2010 (tonight)

HURRY-10GBP

£10 off £50 spend
    £20 off £100 spend
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • LazyBoycp
    LazyBoycp Posts: 320
    Wiggle code for use to midnight 13th Jan 2010 (tonight)

HURRY-10GBP

£10 off £50 spend
    £20 off £100 spend

HURRY-20GBP for the £20 off £100. Not sure why the email says to use the same one in both cases.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    LazyBoycp wrote:
    XMAS09 gets you 10% off and free delivery at www.rapha.cc until the end of 3rd Jan. I'm sure you'll all agree that it makes everything on their website an absolute steal... :D

I got a sleeveless base layer for free with that discount :lol:
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    LazyBoycp wrote:
    XMAS09 gets you 10% off and free delivery at www.rapha.cc until the end of 3rd Jan. I'm sure you'll all agree that it makes everything on their website an absolute steal... :D

Only in the sense that the only way I could own their stuff would be by stealing it...
  • tailwindhome
    http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=M1003

Smart LED Rear Light for £3.41

M1003.jpg

There was a thread on this offer in the Autumn and they sold out within a couple of days
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=3759

3759-1.Jpg

£18.49, that's a steal. I may buy some to keep as spares for bikes that are yet to be.
    Misguided Idealist
  • tailwindhome
    Repost from a thread in the Road section, exactly the sort of thing I was thinking off when I started the thread.

Now if I had £280 this would be a no brainer, just crying out for a bit of campagnolo

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Colna ... 360045518/
    colnago-primavera-med.jpg
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Damn you, now I don't know what to do.

Some help here please........

I have a 2008 Trek 1.7 which after a little carbon and Ti modification is just under 19lbs and rides beautifully BUT.... I think it's time for something more, well bling! I'm not 100% sold on full carbon, so if I did go down the carbon route it would be the ribble sportive or grand fondo frames + forks BUT now you've shown me that offer, perhaps I should go for another Alu frame BUT would it be any better?

:?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    Go for the carbon ITB, it's the only thing missing from your bike stable, and you know you won't be happy until you get some :wink:

And yes, it is massively better than aluminium, my Madone was vastly better than my 1.5. In terms of ride quality the carbon filtered out so much more road noise and just felt smother, stiffer and more responsive. Not that there was anything wrong with the 1.5, it was a fantastic frame but not in the same class as the carbon
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • Repost from a thread in the Road section, exactly the sort of thing I was thinking off when I started the thread.

Now if I had £280 this would be a no brainer, just crying out for a bit of campagnolo

I'm a poor student, don't do this to me...
    *rushes off to calculate cost savings of just eating baked beans for next 12 weeks*
    FCN 7
    Porridge and coffee - the breakfast of champions
  • tailwindhome
    ITB

I've never met you so I'm only judging from your posts but I reckon what you really want now is an 'unjustifiable' bike.

Every other bike in your somewhat extensive stable has a purpose and can be justifiied.

You now want a bike which you can fall in love with, a bike only be taken out for Sunday best, in exactly the right climatic conditions, never in rain or direct sunlight.

If only you knew a group of keen cyclists who owned a variety of such bikes and would allow you to test ride them.

That's not to say you shouldn't buy the Colnago frame though. I'm sure you have enough components about to build up a great bike.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    ITB

I've never met you so I'm only judging from your posts but I reckon what you really want now is an 'unjustifiable' bike.

Every other bike in your somewhat extensive stable has a purpose and can be justifiied.

You now want a bike which you can fall in love with, a bike only be taken out for Sunday best, in exactly the right climatic conditions, never in rain or direct sunlight.

If only you knew a group of keen cyclists who owned a variety of such bikes and would allow you to test ride them.

That's not to say you shouldn't buy the Colnago frame though. I'm sure you have enough components about to build up a great bike.

You know what you're right but my Trek with the modifications is already that bike, it's fast enough for to keep up with even the best carbon sportifs - in short I've not out classed my bike just yet, when I do I'll consider carbon.

Picture that rocky movie were Sly was running in the snow and lifting logs whilst old what's his name, tall bloke had all the kit and drugs, see what I mean?

:lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Repost from a thread in the Road section, exactly the sort of thing I was thinking off when I started the thread.

Please - everyone buy one quick so that the tempation is removed....Must resist.
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • tailwindhome
    itboffin wrote:
    ITB

...but I reckon what you really want now is an 'unjustifiable' bike......You now want a bike which you can fall in love with, a bike only be taken out for Sunday best, in exactly the right climatic conditions, never in rain or direct sunlight.....

You know what you're right but my Trek with the modifications is already that bike, it's fast enough for to keep up with even the best carbon sportifs - in short I've not out classed my bike just yet, when I do I'll consider carbon.

Picture that rocky movie were Sly was running in the snow and lifting logs whilst old what's his name, tall bloke had all the kit and drugs, see what I mean?

:lol:

That's what your heads saying........
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    edited February 2010
    Shamelessly stolen from the MTB forum:

dhb Event jacket, down from £120 to £66, use the code FREE1-0PPE2 to take it down to £56, and go through quidco (Assuming they wre still giving 10% cashback) to get it for effectively a shade over £50!

Had they had red left in my size I would have bagged one.

[url]lhttp://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Best_of_British/27/dhb_Wickham_eVENT_Waterproof_Cycling_Jacket/5360037016/[/url]

Dan
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    Daniel B wrote:
    Shamelessly stolen from the MTB forum:

dhb Event jacket, down from £120 to £66, use the code FREE1-0PPE2 to take it down to £56, and go through quidco (Assuming they wre still giving 10% cashback) to get it for effectively a shade over £50!

Had they had red left in my size I would have bagged one.

[urlhttp://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Best_of_British/27/dhb_Wickham_eVENT_Waterproof_Cycling_Jacket/5360037016/[/url]

Dan

Hmm, just spotted that myself.
    I really don't *need* another waterproof jacket though - it's not like I wear the ones I do have.