New bike set up?

teamtalairan
teamtalairan Posts: 175
edited December 2009 in Road beginners
Hi, I've got my new bike and I have a couple of great manuals about setting up my bike (Serious Cycling, and Cyclist Training Bible) but I wondered if you knew of any links for setting up the bike so I can cross reference advice...?

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Serious Cycling and the Cyclist's training bible are training manuals, not bike set up manuals.

Your best bet is to go in the good local bike shop (the one that you bought the bike from having visited many in the area to find who gives the best service and has the most knowledge, as these things are far more important that a slightly lower price) armed with a box of biscuits and ask them for help.

Unless you bought it off the internet or Halfords, then you're knackered on that one...
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    Here's some good advice by one of the best in the business.

http://www.cyclefitcentre.com/further%20reading.htm
  • Great link thank you. The Serious cycling book has great chapter on setting up the bike as well as the training, which I have used to set up my previous bike which i would recommend highly. I was simply looking for other guides too, to cross reference as I know there are various theories (even discussed in Serious Cycling)...