Shimano M520 Pedals

Synapse2010
Synapse2010 Posts: 55
edited December 2009 in Road beginners
I 'm considering buying a pair of Shimano M520 pedals anyone out there used them? How easy are they to get in and out of compared others? Above I want a pedal that is easy to unclip will they do the job? :wink:
I don't sleep with my bike really!

002-2.jpgSummer Bike

Comments

• sicknote
    sicknote Posts: 901
    I use them and so do others on here, so you should have no big problems with them.

Just a bit of practise going in and out of them, I will not be going back to toe clips.
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    Sicknote wrote:
    I use them and so do others on here, so you should have no big problems with them.

Just a bit of practise going in and out of them, I will not be going back to toe clips.

+1 no probs with them. :D
    Cycling weakly
  • careful
    careful Posts: 720
    Good choice
  • micaab
    micaab Posts: 75
    yep no regrets from me
  • John.T
    John.T Posts: 3,698
    I use them on my winter bike and also on my fixed wheel bike. Ease of getting in and out is more important on them and the M520s are excellent.
  • Easiest pedals i've ever used (i've only used 2 types(other than flats)) :roll:
  • On order from Chain Reaction will provide an update after I use them. :wink:

002-2.jpgSummer Bike
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Have a good look round as you can sometimes find them for not much over £20
  • milese
    milese Posts: 1,233
    I've got a pair on my road bike and my mtb and have never had any problems or issues with them.
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    fossyant wrote:
    Have a good look round as you can sometimes find them for not much over £20
    £18.99 delivered from CRC
  • Ordered from CRC this evening will provide an up date when I have had time to use them. :wink:

002-2.jpgSummer Bike
  • Wot everyone else said but remember, swivel the heel outward to unclip. Any upward movement of the foot will bind the clip and shoe making it difficult to disengage.
    The older I get the faster I was
  • strodey
    strodey Posts: 481
    they are spot on, cannot fault them
    Carbon is a mans best freind
  • Steve_b77
    Steve_b77 Posts: 1,680
    Cracking pedals.

Shimano SPD's are pretty faultless to be honest, I've got the M520's on my roadie, caged ones on my FS, and non series on my commuter bike.

Merlin Cycles are doing either white, black or silver for under £20 delivered.

If the tension is set loose enough you can yank your foot out vertically in emergency situations, not that common on the road but can be bloody useful on the MTB
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    I've had a set for few years. They're now relegated to MTB duties for a year or so but had 'em on my road bike to start with and they've been faultless since day one.
    Pretty heavy compared to the XTRs I have on my Wilier but seem to be bombproof and cheap. I currently have a set of M540s on my Allez but I don't think I'd pay the difference over the 520s - for losing a few grams and a spanner flat - next time I need a set of spuds for the the mountain bike or winter hack.
  • swivel the heel outward to unclip. Any upward movement of the foot will bind the clip and shoe making it difficult to disengage.

No idea what your on about :?