The Crudcatcher Fat-Club

El Capitano
El Capitano Posts: 6,401
edited July 2010 in The Crudcatcher
So as some of you have already indicated that you wish to lose a bit of weight next year, thought it would be a good idea to have a thread where we post our weight on 1st of January and your target weight. Then quote your post with weekly updates (both good and bad weeks) through the year, until you achieve your target weight.

Think of it as a bit of group based motivation...

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    excellent idea, i'm up for this :D

my target weight loss is a stone by march for my holiday :shock:

should be do-able i think :lol:
  • +1 Fab idea EC
    Target 85kg a distant 14kg from last Sunday.
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I am currently (just goes to check) 12.5stone - but with a very odd weight distribution. Very thin arms and legs, and a big fat gut lol. If I can get down to say 11 stone and lose some of the stomach, but bulk up with muscle I should stop looking like a dangled frog.
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    I refuse to post my weight to people who will laugh at me :(
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    Andy wrote:
    I refuse to post my weight to people who will laugh at me :(
    It's funny enough just looking at you. ;)
  • Andy
    I can lose weight (maybe), you'll always be ugly!
  • Ok. I'll join this :)

16.7st.

Would like to get down to around 16st, but I'm pretty muscular and tend to gain muscle mass instead of losing weight!

My new year resolution is to ride to work as much as I can so hopefully thins thres should give me a kick in the nuts and get me moving :)
    Also planning on not going to the pub every lunch at work too!

If anyone would like some diet advice then I'd be happy to spew my oppinon (seeing as though that's what I have a degree in).
  • I'll join but I'm not giving figures!

Serious effort will be made next year - motivational help required!

I'll report my progress lb by lb.
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    i want to put on weight. can we have a seperate thread for that? :D :P
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    jay12 wrote:
    i want to put on weight. can we have a seperate thread for that? :D :P

You're not allowed in any weight related threads, pesky 9 stone jay mutter mutter...
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • ramemtbers
    ramemtbers Posts: 1,562
    errr i am err 8.7 stone but i want to go down to 8.5 again. hahahahaha
  • I began 2009 at 18 stone 12lbs, which was a whole 15 lbs down on my top weight 12 months previously. I end it at 16 stone and 10lbs ish so that's good progress for me and honestly, another 12 months with similar loss, down to under 15 stone would be a success.
    Start Weight 18st 13lbs March 2009
    17st 10lbs August 2009
    17st 4lbs October 2009
    15st 12lbs December 2010

Final planned weight 12st 7lbs
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I'm near enough 6 foot, and weigh under 10 stone! Job done! Sorry guys
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Andy
    bails87 wrote:

Time to put on 3 stone!
  • i'm up for this, i've lost 2 stone since May i was 17.3st, did get to 14.13 before x-mas.
    But because of christmas left over's :oops: now 15.4 my target is between 14 and 14.6 before April. I've been around 15st since mid October,
    they say the last bit's the hardest to shift so BIGBENJ_08 i'll take you up on your offer please
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    I'm 6ft and 10.5 stone. :D Unlucky fatties.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    bails87 wrote:

But you are what, 22?! Give it three years and you'll be a fat barstard.

I was 10 stone and 6ft until I got to about 25...
  • :lol: yes the same here SS got to 30 and decided to stop smoking best thing i ever did.
    But bass,guiness and food tasted so much better :wink:
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    I'm going on a strict weight loss(size loss) program starting monday, i need to get into those lovely fox shorts i bought :D
    I'm 5"10 and i'm probably about 15ish stone at the moment!!!!!!
    I want to get my fighting weight down to help the coming years race season, i have no scales and dont want any so i'll be going on purely tape measurement.

I used to be a bit of a gym monster and i got to a very good size for my height but when the little one turned up, i had to change jobs and working times so i cant remember the last time i went to the gym on a regular basis (i was 5 times a week, 3 mornings 2 nights) I was good at eating the right foods for maintaining a good recovery and size gain but its not so good when you stop hense the massivly overweight person that i am now.

I dunno about you guys but i dont seem to lose any weight cycling?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    I am in...........

Currently 5.11 & 12.5 stone.

Want to loose 1/2 stone. I have started the process and have run at least 6 km every day bar sunday were I did a 45 mile cycle with a road bike club. Would have made a great impact if I hadn't been eating & drinking SO much!
  • supersonic wrote:
    I am currently (just goes to check) 12.5stone - but with a very odd weight distribution. Very thin arms and legs, and a big fat gut lol.

SS - We've got the same mirror!!

I could do with losing about 1 or 1 1/2 stone, hopefully i can but i like beer and pies too much!!
  • 5.10 and 12.5 stone

I wanna lose about a stone i think, or at least a fuck load of fat, i also have a very odd distribution. It is all around my waist, not my arms, face, legs, chest, gut. the waist.

This is most infuriating
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    supersonic wrote:
    bails87 wrote:

But you are what, 22?! Give it three years and you'll be a fat barstard.

I was 10 stone and 6ft until I got to about 25...

Exception to the rule... I'm 36, 5'10" and 10st 7. Always been a scrawny wretch :oops:
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    i'm 5ft9 and around 14stone 4lbs. but i'm quite broad. but saying that i really could do with losing at least a stone!!! :lol::lol::lol:
  • rowlers
    rowlers Posts: 1,614
    Cool Idea :wink:
    5'6'' 12st4. Put a couple if lbs on during xmas feasting.
    Like to get to about 11st 6, but more importantly for me is to get to about 12% body fat. Sixpack starts to poke through about this!

Will be Gyming 3 times a weeks and riding 3 times a week (thats my promise to myself anyway!), prob combine the 2 so I'm riding to the gym!
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    5.1ft. 6.4 stone(thereabout) :twisted:
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    edited December 2009
    I'm with jay on this one, but i think it should be a get heavier and taller club as i'm 7 stone/44 kg and 5 foot 1/155cm
    my aim is 5 foot 5 and 8 stone by this time next year
    Bring on the food and mtbing!
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    how do you make yourself taller? sleeping upside down with your feet clamped to the celing?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • JamesBrckmn
    yes
  • JamesBrckmn
    edited December 2009
    medieval torture machines are useful too