Pushloc/Poploc to manual lockout?

Johnny Napalm
Johnny Napalm Posts: 1,458
edited January 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Where a fork has remote/turnkey compatibility, I assume that it means it can be either/or?

If so, and where the fork is remote as standard, would you then have to purchase the relative turnkey knob for the fork?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Marin
SS Inbred
Mongoose Teocali Super

Comments

• Depends what make it is.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    a remoteis just a lever. the turnkey is the system.

the fork can be one or both but not always both or one.

if it is remote then it has to have an adjustable (lock able) damping system to operate so it should already be fitted.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • I should have made myself clearer...apologies. I did't even mention the lockout, which is what I'm meant to be getting at. D'oh! :oops:

If the fork only has the remote lever to operate the lockout? Can you purchase a 'knob' in order to operate it manually if so desired?
    Marin
    SS Inbred
    Mongoose Teocali Super
  • richg1979
    richg1979 Posts: 1,087
    if its a rockshox fork and you want to swap the push/poploc for std lockout knob then yep you can get the lockout knob seperate but you have to remove the return spring from the moco cartridge but is very simple and only takes 2mins.
  • Thanks - The forks are Reba Race 09 and also some Dart 3 09. Do you happen to know where I can purchase the 'knobs'? I've had a look and can't see any available.
    Marin
    SS Inbred
    Mongoose Teocali Super
  • richg1979
    richg1979 Posts: 1,087
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RockShox-Motion-C ... 1c0dfe82eb

thats from usa but if you give tf tuned a ring im sure they could sort you out.
  • Thanks, Rich!

:D

Although, why I didn't think of TF is beyond me. My lack of common sense would frighten me if only I was clever enough to realise it! :wink:
    Marin
    SS Inbred
    Mongoose Teocali Super
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Alternatively Fisher Outdoor are the distributor and you can order through them for delivery at any shop you like.