Do I need any tools to set up turbo trainer?

themightyw
themightyw Posts: 409
Hi folks

I've just bought my first turbo trainer (arriving tomorrow) and can't wait to set it up. However I don't have a huge array of tools yet (as I haven't been cycling that long). Do I require any specific tools to fit them (it's a tacx)? I assume I can just fairly easily remove the rear wheel and use the new skewer.

Anything else that's essential? I'm getting a BFF, a few DVDs and setting up my sound system up there (it's in the loft!).

I'm assuming that apart from that the turbo trainer should come with everything I need? I'm going to use some old wheels that I have lying around in the garage rather than TT specific ones.

Any tips appreciated - would hate to take delivery of my new bt of kit then not be able to use it until after the NY period, as the bike shops are all shut!

Thanks

TMW

Comments

• sods_law
    sods_law Posts: 161
    You might need a screwdriver or allen keys, but thats all. I bought my turbo s/h so it was already built, but it looks simple enough to assemble.
  • Thanks a lot! Wasn't sure whether I would need anything more fancy.
  • nanox
    nanox Posts: 15
    My tacx trainer came with an allen key, so yours probably will too...
  • I assume I might need a few bits and bobs if I swap out my current back wheel for an old one that's been kicking around for a while?