Formula Oro K18

Magpie9
Magpie9 Posts: 48
edited December 2009 in MTB workshop & tech
I recently fitted a K18 front brake on my bike and after breaking in the pads I went out on a ride to test it today.

It worked fine for the whole ride (so much more power than the old juicy 3s!) but under heavy braking it makes a strange sound which is best described as a rapid clicking.

I was wondering if this is normal for these brakes or if there is something else (such as needing to be bled)?
Thanks

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    does it work fine?

is everything tight?

then dont worry about it some brakes do make odd noises.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Everything was tightened to the correct torques and it works fine after one ride. The only thing I thought it could be was air bubbles moving in the system because of the way it clicks.
  • Father Faff
    Father Faff Posts: 1,176
    The only time my Oros ever made any sort of sound that might be described as rapid clicking was when they were used with a non-Formula disc. They are normally quiet unless things get wet and gritty.
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Scott CR1
  • Definately the correct Formula disc as I bought it together with the IS adaptor.
  • Ive recently had the a clicking sound with my Oro k18s, and I diagnosed it as being the pad spacer had been bent and every time i braked it was scraping against the disc.
    Giant XTC SE 2006
    Cube LTD Race 2009
    Trek Fuel EX 9
  • richg1979
    richg1979 Posts: 1,087
    are they brand new?

as long as everything is fitted correctly its the pads catching the machining on the new disc, it will stop after a couple of rides when the pads have bedded in.
  • Yes they are brand new. I went out for a quick ride this morning and the clicking was getting quiter so it's probably the new disc as you say richg.
    Thanks guys!