Have you ever felt worse after a ride?

phreak
phreak Posts: 2,892
edited December 2009 in Road beginners
I was feeling a bit low this morning so decided to brave the weather and go for a ride. It was horrible out there, chucking it down with rain, strong head winds blowing the rain into my face.

After a few hours I was pretty cold and wet, but I felt fantastic :lol: Cycling really is the best thing ever.

Comments

• whils on the bike facing a headwind, Im often heard cursing god, the elements, passing traffic and anything else that comes into my field of view, but once Im back home all toasty with a beer in my hand, im planning my next ride.

The addiction is strong within me =D
    exercise.png
  • had a hypoglycaemic attack on a ride once, started falling over and seeing weird stuff. Needless to say I didn't feel great afterwards, although, having said that, bed seemed like the most euphoric notion in the world.

Phil
    Giant SCR, BRIGHT Orange.
  • Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    I never enjoy my rides. You're not supposed to enjoy a training ride. :wink:

I always reflect afterwards on how good the ride was though, while i'm relaxed with a fruit smoothie, doing my stretches and getting my massage from a podium girl in the team bus. 8) I can put my legs through absolute hell and question my sanity when killing myself up another climb, but i'll always feel better afterwards.

In fact, the pain itself can be "fun", especially if you're in full TT mode, you've dropped all your mates and the car behind can't overtake you. :lol:
  • ravey1981
    ravey1981 Posts: 1,111
    broke my arm on a ride once...wasnt the best ride ever... :wink:

Seriously though, usually just getting out there makes me feel better. Something about riding that just relaxes me, problems don't exist when i'm on the bike.

Obviously its better on a summers day :)

Its the endorphins that does it :lol:
  • amnezia
    amnezia Posts: 590
    Bhima wrote:
    I never enjoy my rides. You're not supposed to enjoy a training ride.

says who??

If i didn't enjoy it i would never ride...
  • coxy84
    coxy84 Posts: 45
    I had a day like that during doing jogle, pissing it it down and horrible headwinds I got my head down and went for it put over an hour between myself and the rest of the group, if id have stopped and thought about it for too long i would have realised how cold and wet i was.

getting to the youth hostel that evening was a pretty special feeling
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,892
    amnezia wrote:
    Bhima wrote:
    I never enjoy my rides. You're not supposed to enjoy a training ride.

says who??

If i didn't enjoy it i would never ride...

Exactly. Not saying they're easy toodles in the countryside. The pain and suffering part is good fun :D
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    After a clipless moment cycled another 9 miles to work with a bleeding knee cap i cannot say i enjoyed it .........................
    FCN 3/5/9
  • GavH
    GavH Posts: 933
    What a well timed thread! I never feel worse, always better, better in the knowledge that I managed it whatever the challenge.

Today though, I came in and decided a warm bath would be better than a shower. Good god do I feel fooked now! It was just an easy 22mile potter, no big climbs, just wanted to see what the road conditions were like locally before I venture further out. All was well and I felt fine getting off the bike. After the bath though - I feel properly, all out knackered like never before!
  • I found today, that I tired quickly and to be honest cut my ride short, normally I would agree in that I can feel rubish to beginwith then after about 20 - 30 mins feeling good, then post ride and routine complete feeling on top of the world (normally), just not today for what ever reason.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Bar crashes - always feel better after a ride, however cold & wet it gets. In fact when the weather is very bad I can't help but smile!
  • A good ride is the best stress relief I know :wink:
    I have only two things to say to that; Bo***cks