RS Reba forks have dropped! Help!

ashleymp777
ashleymp777 Posts: 1,212
edited December 2009 in MTB workshop & tech
Can anyone help! I have a pair of RS Reba Race forks and riding into work today I've noticed that they've dropped by a good 15mm or so and are not returning to their normal ride height, which is clearly having an impact on the way the bike rides

Should I just send them off for servicing? Or is there something I can rectify this?

Thanks

Ash

Comments

• stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Not heard of this one before, sounds like something internal has gone. Have you tried pumping up the positive chamber to see if they return to full travel?

Might be worth ringing TFTuned or even getting them to service the forks. It's pricey bt well worth the cost. If it's a seal gone the replace them all as part of the service. If it's anything else they'll ring you with a cost before fixing them. They did a good job on my Fox forks, turned them around in 3 days too, very impressed.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    air or coil?

or U turn?

and what year.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • I have RS Reba and they're air, and not u turn. Don't know whether thats standard for RS.
    Giant XTC SE 2006
    Cube LTD Race 2009
    Trek Fuel EX 9
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    REBAs like many Rockshox forks come in many flavours, some are more XC orientated, some are more trail oriented.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • Mine dropped once.

I let all of the air out, turned them upside down to let the oil run into the uppers and worked them a few times. Then righted them and pumped them back up. They have been fine ever since. Still not sure what was wrong with them though (don't really care either).