PS3 or XBox360

GavH
GavH Posts: 933
edited December 2009 in The bottom bracket
Xbox 360 every day of the week.

Comments

• Xbox. The xbox controller is so much better then the PS3 controller.
  • Bikerbaboon
    Bikerbaboon Posts: 1,017
    Noooo......
    Its going to be a blood bath.
    you would have been better to ask is it safer to ride a steel framed bike through a red light with a shimano group set with out a helmet, or rider an aluminum framed bike on the pavement with a cammage group set with a helmet. :wink:

for the 360 every time. :D
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas
  • here we go, PS3 for me........ online play nothing on ps3 compared to £40 for xbox minor expense really but cant see why you should have to pay (ps COD6 is mental even though im rubbish)
    Dont say \'Can\'t\', just add \'ry\'
  • sorry to spam the thread but i'm selling my xbox 360 16 G - good condition (used but as originally boxed) + various games - pm me of you are interested
    :)
    ...the bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon...
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    If its first-person shooters you play mostly then why a console? Consoles have their merits but gamepads/controllers are gash for FPS. Mouse and keyboard all the way.

If you must buy a console then 360 for me.
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    I'm also drawn to the Xbox 360...
    ...but which one????

...there appear to be a fair number of different versions out there - 16Gb etc.
    ...perhaps someone knowledgeable in this area could clarify?

I don't want to get one and then find I shouldda got the 'x' version. :cry:
    Cycling weakly
  • GavH
    skyd0g wrote:
    I'm also drawn to the Xbox 360...
    ...but which one????

...there appear to be a fair number of different versions out there - 16Gb etc.
    ...perhaps someone knowledgeable in this area could clarify?

I don't want to get one and then find I shouldda got the 'x' version. :cry:

Buy a Xbox 360 ELITE. Not because it is black, or because it has a bigger HDD but because the motherboard inside is supposed to be devoid of the fault that caused a lot of the 'red ring of death' faults on earlier models.
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    GavH wrote:
    /... Buy a Xbox 360 ELITE. Not because it is black, or because it has a bigger HDD but because the motherboard inside is supposed to be devoid of the fault that caused a lot of the 'red ring of death' faults on earlier models.
    So that's what caused my X Box to go *clunk**fzzzzzzzzt* just before Assassin's Creed II came out then! :(
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • skyd0g
    What's the advantage of a 'massive' HDD on an Xbox?
    ...surely the space needed for save games is pretty minimal, or does it cater for some other function?
    Cycling weakly
  • Xbox 360!

Elite obviously. We're cyclists. We have to be narcissists; it's in our blood.

I had to pull the towel trick a few times last year on my old 360 before I gave up and got an Elite. Much better now. :)
  • skyd0g wrote:
    ...surely the space needed for save games is pretty minimal, or does it cater for some other function?

Demos, DLC, Music, Videos
  • I'm in the same boat really, I fancy getting an xbox - the games look awesome and my pc is really outdated now, but playing first person shooters with a gamepad feels just wrong, can't you use a mouse and keyboard with it?
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    360 every time. They aren't that unreliable. Yes, you have to pay for LIVE (online play) but the matchmaking is always quick and reliable. Plus the controller is FAR better, my flatmate has a PS3 and even he admits the 360's controller is superior.

One thing I would say, however, is that if you are into your movies, then you might want to consider the BluRay capability of the PS3...
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • GavH
    TornadoTom wrote:
    skyd0g wrote:

Demos, DLC, Music, Videos

Add to that the idea that you can 'save' entire games to the HDD. You still need the game disc to play it, but the loading times are allegedly much quicker. I say allegedly because I haven't noticed the diff. On a 20Gb HDD, with demos, videos, DLC, saved games etc you'll be lucky to save one game to HDD. Obviously on a 120 Gb HDD you can save many more and on the 250Gb HDD that came with the LE Super Elites, loads.
  • mkirby
    mkirby Posts: 365
    ps 3 all the way. The media server is the dogs nads and the games are much better than on the xbox i find. That xbox controller is horrible.
  • mkirby
    mkirby Posts: 365
    ps 3 all the way. The media server is the dogs nads and the games are much better than on the xbox i find. That xbox controller is horrible.
  • skyd0g wrote:

you can back games to hdd so you dont need to listen to disc spinning all the time fifa09 was so bad for it
    Life is not a spectator sport
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g wrote:

you can back games to hdd so you dont need to listen to disc spinning all the time fifa09 was so bad for it

I take it you mean that you can 'copy' the entire game disc to the HDD and run it directly from the HDD, rather than it having to access the game disc for each 'section' of play?
    Cycling weakly
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Xbox 360 a brilliant piece of kit.

Forza 3 is so good on the 360 it's unreal.
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    PS3

All the way....

Add a bigger HD and the thing is waaaaayyy better. As a machine it has the tech to wipe the floor with the Xbox in most areas. Its potential has taken a while to realise...

Mine plays blu rays, has loads of my cd's on, allows me to watch films from my USB stick, and connects wonderfully to my wifi to allow online Call of Duty mayhem.

The Xbox isn't as hot now the games for the PS3 are improving. Many early buyers got the Xbox, as the games were much better, and now stick with them as their mates have them and they can play online. That can be a big factor - what have your mates got - and do you want to be able to all hook up?
  • skyd0g wrote:
    skyd0g wrote:

I take it you mean that you can 'copy' the entire game disc to the HDD and run it directly from the HDD, rather than it having to access the game disc for each 'section' of play?
    You still need the disc to boot from but it runs from the HDD so it's a lot quieter as the disc isn't rotating. It's also good if your disc gets buggered (had to do it for one of my games for that reason).