Veho Muvi (£12 Delivered!) Youtube footage on pg9

Comments

• Help!, got mine 2 days ago and sd card arrived today, but I think I've got a dud.
    Put the card in and powered up, blue and red lights on top but that's it and I can't turn the unit off and when I link to the computer via usb the disk doesn't appear on my desktop (I use a Mac, usually auto connects this sort of stuff) Am I doing something wrong or is it dud? Instructions say yellow lights??!
  • kdw712
    kdw712 Posts: 72
    got mine today as well

how small is it !! :shock:

using my slow mobile phone card till new one arrives :roll:

Guisamo
    mines a blue light for power
    and red for recording etc
  • thanks kdw,

mine has red and blue on constantly and can't turn off. Think it might be knack'd
  • kdw712
    kdw712 Posts: 72
    mines charging at the moment via usb and its red & blue constant light
  • Dan Dare
    Dan Dare Posts: 367
    Mine arrived this morning, along with my memory card :) I can't figure out how to either remove or set the date stamp that shows up in yellow on the video, anyone had any luck with this? It mentions something about the TAG file on the mini CD you get but where do I need to copy this too?
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    Guisamo wrote:
    Help!, got mine 2 days ago and sd card arrived today, but I think I've got a dud.
    Put the card in and powered up, blue and red lights on top but that's it and I can't turn the unit off and when I link to the computer via usb the disk doesn't appear on my desktop (I use a Mac, usually auto connects this sort of stuff) Am I doing something wrong or is it dud? Instructions say yellow lights??!
    no yellow lights. The camera locks you out if there isn't enough charge in the battery - leave it on charge for a bit and it should work.
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    Dan Dare wrote:
    Mine arrived this morning, along with my memory card :) I can't figure out how to either remove or set the date stamp that shows up in yellow on the video, anyone had any luck with this? It mentions something about the TAG file on the mini CD you get but where do I need to copy this too?
    You need to open the root folder of the card in Windows, create a new text file, call it TAG.txt, open the file and type

[date]
    2009/12/23
    22:04:00

(at least that's what I did yesterday - adjust the date/time to suit)

Close and save the file

turn off camera

turn on

date should be set

(ignore the file on the CD, make your own)
  • Dan Dare
    alfablue wrote:
    Dan Dare wrote:
    You need to open the root folder of the card in Windows, create a new text file, call it TAG.txt, open the file and type

[date]
    2009/12/23
    22:04:00

(at least that's what I did yesterday - adjust the date/time to suit)

Close and save the file

turn off camera

turn on

date should be set

(ignore the file on the CD, make your own)

Thanks very much for that, I've just created the file as you said and it's worked on a small test video I've just done :)

Seems to be very shaky footage even when just walking around the house, I hope it performs a bit better when it's strapped to my bike or my lid :? But for 12 quid I'm not complaining.
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    well i got mine yesterday, it dropped through the door at the same time as me mem card, so just perfect.....
    to give a brief review...
    i was a bit suprised at the packaging proclaiming it as the worlds smallest voice recorder! but hey, its OK, it ia a cam! i had a giggle at the instructions... and put it on charge..
    later that day i had a call from me mate asking if i wanted to go for a ride, so a lap of "the wall" at afan under 3inches of snow was a pretty good first outing fot the little thing.... it was pretty dark by the time we got to the good bits, and i actually turned it on.. and as i discovered it doesnt like the dark, it gets very blury.... its also very easy to mount it pointing too far down, most of the vid is of the trail for 2 meters in front of me tyre..... the sound is good though...

OK, so today i went out again, just my local loop, but it was mid afternoon, so there was some decent light, in proper light the quality is phenominal, its super, super sharp, and it doesnt get pixelated at even full size even on my 16inch monitor...... its super easy to use, very light, unbelievbaly tiny, looks great, and the blue and red lights look cool, and do a good job of letting you know whats going on, once youv worked out what they mean.... it comes with loads of cool mounts, inclusing a cool magnetic one, and a helmet mount... wich i attatched with a few zip ties..... the mounts are prtty secure, but if you arnt carfull its easy to snap the little tabs on the mount when you out it in, so go easy, and pt one end in first, i used a elastic band to help kep it on....
    it also comes with a nice neck cord, and a good little silicon case... which ads some impact protection....
    the helmet mount is good, but quite flexy, which means it can shake around on the bumpy stuff, so im now mounting it by outting it in the silicon case, and sliding it into one of the big top vents of my helmet (giro xen) where it stays very securely, and it only sticks out a tiny bit, so its less likely to catch a branch... with this mounting it is very secure... of cource, this wont work with all helmets, so the helmet mount may be neccessary then, the helmet mount is useful for loads of other stuff too....
    an elastic band helps to keep it in place in during a big impact... although its not likely to slip as its very very snug in there...
    so overall, its awsome, very, very good, it has a few little faults, like, like... uhh, actually, i cant think of any....! not any big ones anyway....!
    its great!
    £12 well spent!
    my mate who came to afan with me has prmptly put an order in, he couldnt get over it...!
    I like bikes and stuff
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    You could just buy the original muvi for about £50 plus they do a sports pack so you can stick it to anything. It`s voice activated so you just shout "ACTION" when you want it to start rolling. Sounds pretty cool. I hope I get one for christmas. {I won't i'll get a jumper}.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • joshtp
    antfly wrote:
    You could just buy the original muvi for about £50 plus they do a sports pack so you can stick it to anything. It`s voice activated so you just shout "ACTION" when you want it to start rolling. Sounds pretty cool. I hope I get one for christmas. {I won't i'll get a jumper}.
    why? the rebranded one is the same, it also has loads of cool mounts, but they come with it, for free, rather than being £20 add on... and anything that fits the muvi fits it, becouse they are identicle, the rebrand also has voice activation, and it also films in high quality.....
    the only difference is the price
    muvi = £80
    rebrand = £12 delivered and including helmet mount, silicon case, wall mount, clip, magnetic mount.......the list goes on.....
    oh, and if you think its a hoax, and itll never come, your more than welcome to come over and see mine....
    I like bikes and stuff
  • AAARRGH!

I told 2 of the guys I ride with about this camera, and they each ordered on about 4 days after me. They BOTH received theirs yesterday and mines still not here.
    :cry:
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    antfly wrote:

Hahaha, oh dear - someone hasn't read this thread much. The only difference between the non-branded and the Veho version is the plastic casing, apart from a slightly different CCD in the camera that is all. I'd rather pay £12 for one that comes with the 'Sports Pack' than pay £60 for both seperately branded when they're gonna be produced in the same factory.

I hope everyone is enjoying their cameras, yes I know I am awesome. Merry Christmas.
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,169
    edited December 2009
    missmarple wrote:
    I am awesome

Yes. Yes you are. I've bought 4 (received 3) for Xmas gifts (including one to me, of course). I'm looking forward to a deluge of helmet cam vids on the forum in the new year. Some of the ones up so far have been great.
  • Thanks alpha blue - you're right I was locked out because of lack of battery power. Thought because the lights were on it had some charge in it from the factory, like my magicshine light did - DOH! :oops:
    Charged it up for an hour and it works great, card mounts automatically in Mac OSx 10.5.
    :D
  • antfly
    edited December 2009
    missmarple wrote:
    antfly wrote:

Hahaha, oh dear - someone hasn't read this thread much. The only difference between the non-branded and the Veho version is the plastic casing, apart from a slightly different CCD in the camera that is all. I'd rather pay £12 for one that comes with the 'Sports Pack' than pay £60 for both seperately branded when they're gonna be produced in the same factory.

I hope everyone is enjoying their cameras, yes I know I am awesome. Merry Christmas.

No I didn`t read it all, there are 15 pages.
    I'm willing to be proved wrong, what`s the battery life on it like ? Also, does it come with a bike mount, I don`t see one on e-bay ?
    At £12 I'll probably just get one anyway.
  • Georgeb
    Georgeb Posts: 315
    How long does it take to charge in the computer?

And did anyone else get a message warning them not to use the plug adapter to charge it?
  • Dan Dare
    Went out this morning with the camera mounted to my helmet (using the mount supplied) It was very icy but I just went around a short trail behind where I live. I need to adjust the angle of the camera as despite testing it before I left it was pointing to much toward the deck when actually riding. Great camera though for the money, even worked when I dropped into a drainage ditch towards the end, which is very rocky and rattles your teeth! Today I also discovered my laptop has windows movie maker, never used it before but its a really useful tool 8)

Anyway here's my short test video

• joshtp
    Dan Dare wrote:
    Went out this morning with the camera mounted to my helmet (using the mount supplied) It was very icy but I just went around a short trail behind where I live. I need to adjust the angle of the camera as despite testing it before I left it was pointing to much toward the deck when actually riding. Great camera though for the money, even worked when I dropped into a drainage ditch towards the end, which is very rocky and rattles your teeth! Today I also discovered my laptop has windows movie maker, never used it before but its a really useful tool 8)

nice vid, it is very easy to point it too low...
    I like bikes and stuff
  • As well as posting my problem on here, I emailed lucky2009-Allen (guy who's selling on ebay) Christmas Eve about 6pm, got a reply back from him within 2 hours with a solution - now that's what I call good customer service!
  • Dan Dare
    Dan Dare wrote:

nice vid, it is very easy to point it too low...

Cheers, and you're right it's difficulf to judge the position with it being sat on top of your head, but at least I now know the angle I need for next time to get a decent 'straight ahead' shot :)
  • _jon_
    _jon_ Posts: 366
    Guisamo wrote:
    As well as posting my problem on here, I emailed lucky2009-Allen (guy who's selling on ebay) Christmas Eve about 6pm, got a reply back from him within 2 hours with a solution - now that's what I call good customer service!

What was the solution? Mine was working fine yesterday but I'm now having the same problem you were.
  • antfly
    Tesco`s are doing the genuine muvi with sd card and sportspack for £39.97 for anyone who's interested. I know it's more than £13 but it`s still pretty cheap.
  • _Jon_ wrote:
    Guisamo wrote:
    As well as posting my problem on here, I emailed lucky2009-Allen (guy who's selling on ebay) Christmas Eve about 6pm, got a reply back from him within 2 hours with a solution - now that's what I call good customer service!

What was the solution? Mine was working fine yesterday but I'm now having the same problem you were.

The advice I was given was that when the batteries run low the red and blue lights stay on and the unit locks out (can't turn on/off), recharge and that should fix it. Worked for me anyway.
  • _jon_
    _jon_ Posts: 366
    Guisamo wrote:
    _Jon_ wrote:
    Guisamo wrote:

The advice I was given was that when the batteries run low the red and blue lights stay on and the unit locks out (can't turn on/off), recharge and that should fix it. Worked for me anyway.

Thanks.

I have had it on charge plugged into my PC overnight but it still isn't working properly. I'm going to leave it in the mains charger for a bit to see if that makes a difference.
  • Make sure you don't do what I did... PLugged into USB to charge it, only I forgot to turn the power off and so it did not charge! :lol:
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    mine arrived on xmas eve but i wasnt here to collect so i have to wait till tuesday for mine no.

seems quick delivery to be fair.
  • Georgeb
    Georgeb Posts: 315
    I've just taken mine out for a very quick test, and the quality isn't as good as everyones else's footage I've seen on here. Heres the video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Az1357vpFM

Do you think its a problem with the camera or the memory card (I'm using a 4gb samsung class 6- http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4-/1 ... oduct.html )? Or could it be that I did drop it? :cry:
  • joshtp
    thats funny, mine is way sharper than that! i could be the card, although it is a class 6 from a decent manufacturer.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    Georgeb wrote:
    Or could it be that I did drop it? :cry:

You've fooked it I'd say looking at that. Downside to the componentry inside at this price, no way will it take the wrong type of knock.