Bristol area cycling club

jameslong
jameslong Posts: 7
edited December 2009 in Road beginners
Hi,

Can anyone please recommend from personal experience a friendly road club / informal group in the Bristol area that offers something for a range of capabilities?

I'm getting back into cycling and would welcome the benefits offered by some long sunday rides etc

Thanks for you're help

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,444
    There's an informal group on this forum that go out from Bristol. Other than that Clevedon or Bristol South?
  • Pross wrote:
    There's an informal group on this forum that go out from Bristol. Other than that Clevedon or Bristol South?
    That would be this: http://www.bristolradars.freeforums.org/index.php of which I am part of. All just a bit of fun at the moment. Rides have ranged from 40 to 60 miles and done at a sociable pace. There's been about 15 of us who go out fairly regularly but hopefully it will get bigger soon enough, not bad though seeing as it's only been communicated through this forum :)
  • We meet in the centre somewhere (Castle Park or Pumphouse car park, Hotwells sometimes). We don't go out every weekend.
    I have no knowledge of Bristol CTC, Bristol South Road Club or the Severn Road Club but I'm sure they're welcoming just like us.
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    I ride with Severn on a Saturday as oddly I work on a Sunday.

Good bunch, can range from 5 riders to 20. Pace is good, and always pick up the stragglers. Cant fault them/it and new riders always welcome. We tend to hit the North side of Bristol up to Glos and surrounding areas or over to Wales, which I find irksome due to the Severn Bridge which is seriously bumpy and should be ridden on a MTB ;-)

The Sunday rides are faster for sure.