Schumacher signs a deal for next year with merc

jay12
jay12 Posts: 6,306
edited December 2009 in The Crudcatcher
well today i was doing my round as usual and i always check the back page of the paper and the headline is that Schumacher has signeda £7m, 1 year deal with mercedes :D

Comments

• Bah. for me i dont want him back.

a) its gonna be odd seeing him in anything other than a Ferrari
    b) i think he is past it, he should have stayed in retirement and kept his glory, he isnt going to embarrass himself but i don't think he has what it takes to beat the top guys of the sport now.

Im actually surprised that Mercedes managed to pull him away from his Ferrari contract. I suppose that Mr Brawn being principle was a major swing for Mikey.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Personally, I think it's going to make next season's races a bit more exciting.
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    Personally, I think it's going to make next season's races a bit more exciting.
    +1
    that's what i think too
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Basically, you're going to have 2 Brits driving for a German team and 2 Germans driving for a brit team. (or have I got that wrong somehow...)
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 2,086
    McLaren have parted company with Merc now Stu, the only thing left is the engine supply contract which runs out in a couple of years. Enough time for McLaren to their own engine out.
  • Duffer
    Duffer Posts: 379
    Basically, you're going to have 2 Brits driving for a German team and 2 Germans driving for a brit team. (or have I got that wrong somehow...)

Most of the teams are brittish anyway - they have very little to do with they're main-stream namesakes.

Personally i don't think he should come out of retirement - he's already the most successful F1 driver there has ever been, so what else does he have to prove? And i'm not sure he'll even be competitive. That said, i think he's signed with the best team.