Veho Muvi (£12 Delivered!) Youtube footage on pg9

Comments

• only ordered mine about 8 days ago, but got the sd card in the post (class 6) and also ordered the muvi sport pack and a waterpoof case for good measure.....just hope the camera's worth the add on's.... :oops:

not expecting it to turn up until well after xmas though.........
    Falcon Sierra - 80's
    Muddy Fox Courier - 80's
    GT Palomar 90's
    GT Zaskar LE - 90's
    Cannondale k v 900 90's
    Santa Cruz Bullit - now
    Orange Evo 8 STOLEN 26/09/10
    Orange P7 Pro
    Lots of kites.
  • grandad3
    grandad3 Posts: 322
    Got my camera yesterday and memory card a few days earlier. Got the Transcend 8gb class 6 for 13 quid, no adapter mind.

Decided to go for a ride today in this lovely snowy winter, so fixed up camera on helmet :D with a few tie wraps. I put the waterproof cover on, then used a velcro strap to attach to one of the camera holders. Pretty solid
    Adjusted camera hoping it was in right position to film some good shots and off I went.
    Had a good ride with a few spills :oops: , then when back home uploaded movies onto pc.

:x Blasted camera pointing too far down, only managed to get footage of a few feet in front of front wheel, not much scenery at all, although the shots of me falling off okay :)

Will try again tomorrow if I get out, but impressed with the footage taken anyway, very clear and sound is fine too. Just dont move your head around too quick, it doesnt like that :(

Enjoy your rides :lol:
    'Collapse the Light into Earth'
  • joec1
    joec1 Posts: 494
    Here begins Day 19.....
    www.settingascene.com - MTBing in Wilts and the southwest, join up for info and ride details.
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    ITS COME!!!!!!! wooohoooo!!!!!!! yeah! its SWEEEET! it look awsome, weghis nothing, and thw quality is great, im gonna go out and film me local this afternoon, will try to get some footage up on utube!
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Mine came yesterday, ordered 12th Dec. Looks really good, only problem is I didn't buy a memory card because it said it would take 25 days for the camera to arrive, (thought I'd wait till after Xmas to buy card), so can't use it yet!! :( Ordered a 4gb Class 6 Transcend last night (8.99 picstop.com) Looking forward to trying it out.
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Got mine today, 14 days after ordering. Works perfectly with a 16 GByte SDHC card. Yay!
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • Sarnian
    Sarnian Posts: 1,451
    Mine Is here, but I have no card yet. Did not expect all the extra clips although I can't get the recorder to stay In the mounts.
    It's not a ornament, so ride It
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    mine came in just over a week too, and I haven't ordered a memory card either. Aarrgh
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.
  • bells0
    bells0 Posts: 414
    Mine arrived today - another with no memory card! - Hoping that arrives tomoz [ordered a 4gig card from zoombits Monday]

Amazed at just how small it is - £12 is silly cheap!
  • deffler
    deffler Posts: 829
    Mine has arrives today, ordered mine originally 6.12.09, seems good quality but cant try it as the memory card I ordered hasnt arrives yet
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    Got mine today, ordered on 8th December. (Bought a MyMemory 4gb SDHC card for £6.99).
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Still waiting on mine too, but did only order on the 9th Dec, so not too fussed.. it would be nice if it turned up tonight, then I can get some footage of some rides over xmas!

Sucks, I've had the SDHC card for about 2 weeks now, just waiting to be used! :cry:
  • strodey
    strodey Posts: 481
    Ordered mine 20th, got it today along with extreme sports pack and better card!
    Good old Amazon!

Now how the hell do i attach it to the helmet, :roll: the kit has no instructions :evil: and whatever i seem to use does not seem 'sturdy' enough, the good old cable tie option is looking popular at the moment, any advice?
    Carbon is a mans best freind
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    strodey wrote:
    Ordered mine 20th, got it today along with extreme sports pack and better card!
    Good old Amazon!

Now how the hell do i attach it to the helmet, :roll: the kit has no instructions :evil: and whatever i seem to use does not seem 'sturdy' enough, the good old cable tie option is looking popular at the moment, any advice?

Cable tied along with some spongey but firm bits to stop it rocking around depending on the ergonomics of your helmet! I used velcro from an old light set....
  • strodey
    strodey Posts: 481
    Thanks missmarple, you seem to be the veho expert!
    Carbon is a mans best freind
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    How long do I need to charge it for first time around? I got mine today and am eager to try it :lol:
  • joec1
    joec1 Posts: 494
    got mine today woooo :D
    www.settingascene.com - MTBing in Wilts and the southwest, join up for info and ride details.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Andy wrote:
    How long do I need to charge it for first time around? I got mine today and am eager to try it :lol:

There is some charge in the battery which is enough to let you play around with it for an hour max but I left mine connected to the PC overnight to be sure.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    OK cheers
  • missmarple
    strodey wrote:
    Thanks missmarple, you seem to be the veho expert!

Well you know what they say..... :lol:

Hopefully you guys will produce plenty of fun and frivolity with your cameras in tow. I look forward to the visually stimulating imagery.
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    Received mine a couple of days ago, but I forgot to order a memory card, so I'll have to wait a while to be able to test it out.

Do any high street stores do the cards at reasonable prices, or are they likely to be heavily marked up?
  • missmarple
    Received mine a couple of days ago, but I forgot to order a memory card, so I'll have to wait a while to be able to test it out.

Do any high street stores do the cards at reasonable prices, or are they likely to be heavily marked up?

likely to be heavily marked up.
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    missmarple wrote:
    likely to be heavily marked up.

Cheers MM, I'll keep an eye out tomorrow when I'm finishing the crimbo shopping, but I thought that would be the case.
  • Mine finally came a couple of days ago!

It was a bit strange because 2 parcels arrived from China the same day, same packaging and size. I opened one and thought yes its come atlast, then I thought what the hell is in the other pack. I opened it and it is another one!!

I definantly only ordered one aswelll, have checked my paypal and bank account and have definantly only been charged for one!

Just to make people jealous I now have two!! 8)

Gonna take it on a ride tomorow to try it out.

• I definantly only ordered one aswelll, have checked my paypal and bank account and have definantly only been charged for one!

Just to make people jealous I now have two!! 8)

Gonna take it on a ride tomorow to try it out.

Hey, sell it on ebay!
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    Mine showed up this morning. Confused the crap out of me when I opened the package and looked at the box and it has "World's Smallest Voice Recorder" on it. :P
  • deffler
    deffler Posts: 829
    Mine showed up this morning. Confused the crap out of me when I opened the package and looked at the box and it has "World's Smallest Voice Recorder" on it. :P

HaHa, me too.

Mine had a note in it from the seller saying only to charge it for 3 hours max.

Im having a right laff reading the destructions in weird english :lol:

My 8gb memory card from ginger6 has arrived today, whoop whoop.

Im that impressed with the whole set up Ive ordered another cam :wink:
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS
  • Mine turned up today and boy is it dinky! I am well happy with it.
  • S_J_P
    S_J_P Posts: 908
    Still waiting for mine (15 days now) :cry:

I appear to have misplaced my new Micro SD card too :?