Chad Gerlach

timoid.
timoid. Posts: 3,133
edited December 2009 in Pro race
He's giving up on pro-cycling, but is aiming for sobriety. Good luck to him:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/chad-ge ... a-contract

An excellent quote from him in that article that may give some insight into the tortured minds of some climbers over the years:

I've been alone too much - five hours of training up in the mountains by myself isn't that different from sitting in an alley doing crack
It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.

Comments

• dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Timoid. wrote:
    He's giving up on pro-cycling, but is aiming for sobriety. Good luck to him:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/chad-ge ... a-contract

An excellent quote from him in that article that may give some insight into the tortured minds of some climbers over the years:

I've been alone too much - five hours of training up in the mountains by myself isn't that different from sitting in an alley doing crack

yes, definitely a good decision...VDB and Pantani should have also avoided these awful "comebacks" ... for every Lance or whoever, there is a depressing story of comeback failure-substance problems and death.. cycling is only good in moderation, not as a life and career to be judged on...
  • Timoid. wrote:

Really? I'm not missing anything then?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Timoid. wrote:

Really? I'm not missing anything then?

Nope, that's right goat, you can stay in the alley!

Strava is not Zen.
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157

The sad thing is, there's probably a lot of truth in that comment.[/quote]