Help Plymouth lad!

commando04
commando04 Posts: 36
edited December 2009 in MTB rides
Hi there,
I have moved to plymouth and was hoping there is some mtb lads round here. I dont know any routes apart from the Plym Valley, Shaurn Prior etc!!! Is there any groups or individuals who venture out at weekends or night rides? If so pease get in touch. Its so boring by myself! Im up for any rides. :wink:

Thanks Matt
Only the strong survive.... Keep low move fast

Comments

• jmillen
    jmillen Posts: 627
    Hi Matt,

I'm also in Plymouth but must confess my usual "fitness" ride also takes me up to Clearbrook and back from Marsh Mills...

Sometimes venture further out, i.e Tavi at the weekends

Another favourite for some off road action is Cann Woods just past Plym Bridge

Your username makes me think it may be a bit of a one sided ride though :lol:

What you riding ?
    2010 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon
    2014 De Rosa R848
    Carrera TDF Ltd Commuter
  • hi there mate,
    I have a trek 6300 disc 2010 model. I work at bickleigh so cycle there and back everyday. I'm off up cann wood on Sunday to have a look around. Don't take any notice by my log name, I just made it up! How often do you go, and how far?

thanks dude for helping.
    Matt
  • jmillen
    jmillen Posts: 627
    I try and go out at least a couple of evenings a week even if its just up to Clearbrook and back for a fitness thing....

Friday evenings I try to venture to Cann Woods or go off on one of the trails from the main plym valley trail. Its not every Friday, but try to get out as much as I can, good fun in the dark as long as you have the lights for it...

If I go on the longer ones its normally a Sunday as can start earlier. Furthest I've gone so far is out to Brentor and back. That had a bit of road riding as well, but nothing busy...think it was a 45 mile round trip from where I am.

Have you seen the National Cycles Network Route 27? I'm keen to explore some bits of that a bit further up...

Where in Plymouth are you ?
    2010 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon
    2014 De Rosa R848
    Carrera TDF Ltd Commuter
  • Dazzza
    Dazzza Posts: 2,364
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Giant Anthem X
  • I'm plympton mate,
    Are you off out this Sunday? I have got a few routes round dartmoor, exmoor from mtb mag. If you want a riding mate and bored of riding by yourself, P.M dazza and were exchange numbers etc.

cheers dazza, hope to hear from you soon.

Matt
  • Dazzza
    Dazzza Posts: 2,364
    Fraid not im 60 miles further down but the yogi bunch are local to you and are a good bunch.
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Giant Anthem X
  • Hi Matt

a bunch of use usually have a sociable ride on a sunday,sometimes starting from plymbridge, yelverton or burrator depending on the mood. usual mix of abilities but no racing snakes or testostorone junkies. you are more than welcome to come along if you fancy. if you are after a harder pace then as others have posted i think the yogi guys will keep you on your toes as they are fit and technically very good. a couple of us also go out a couple of nights a week. Pm me or you can ring me on 07739423976.

paul
  • I've got a load of mates who live in Plympton and ride both xc and dh. I'll email them this link as they're always happy to take new people out. I'm going to be moving back to Plymouth in the next few months too, so might see you soon.