LIstening to music whilst riding

2»

Comments

• I know it's not big and clever by a night time ride through the woods with Pendulum blasted in my ears is a lovely way to finish a day! :D

I also listen to music on my commute, I try not to have the music too loud but it does often get cranked up when a good tune comes on.
    Trek Top Fuel 9 2010, Stumpy Pro 2009 ,Giant XTC3 2009, Qu-ax Penny Farthing,
    Elswick Hopper Model M delivery Bike 1960

God Shave The Queen!
  • zedhead
    zedhead Posts: 109
    colintrav wrote:
    Interesting opinions on this subject ...
    X2

Personally don't understand why anyone would want music out on the trail - far too much countryside stuff going on, I want to be a part of it.
    Conversly, I find it essential on the road - trolling along on dull tarmac is far too tedious without some offensive music keeping up the tempo. :lol:
    And what is this waffle about music being dangerous on the road? Do all you who say that drive with no radio and with the windows down so you can hear other road users? I think not...
    Early Orange 5, Felt Z85, Scott Thicko, modified Giant full suss (both nicked)- beat-up single-speed rigid 1992 Saracen (scrapped), and various 2-wheelers with big engines
  • It disconnects you from the real world a little bit, which prompts the safety fears. However I've on occasion rode with some music on, Armin van Buuren produces some really good riding music! And kudos to those who previously mentioned deadmau5 :D

Unfortunately can't use my proper cans whilst riding though :(
  • leon69
    leon69 Posts: 53
    ipod my brains out off road (what do i need to hear ? ) the tempo of the music can realy pick you up some times when passing other bikers some times even dog walkers i allways say hello you can tell if they respond i dont need to hear them traveling to fast for a convo so ....

on road mebe one ear if any
    If you dont bleed your not trying ...
  • leon69
    Personally don't understand why anyone would want music out on the trail - far too much countryside stuff going on, I want to be a part of it.

I lived in the countryside all my life its boring :P i know what you mean some times its nice just to plod along lisening to the birds singing :)
  • leon69
    I ride to work evryday and i find if i cycle with earphones then i can hear traffic as well
    +1

As with MTB riding, if u can actually get your earphones to stay on when riding down a hill with loads of rocks and jumps il be impressed
    can you still get those 'sports' ones which have a wee clip thing round the back of your ear?

I have 2 ways round this one being ear clips (the kind that clip round/over your ear's ) second is i allways ride with a "buff" on like a bandaner for sweat etc just pull the sides down over your ear's :P
  • i tried listening to my ipod a few weeks back on a ride down my local trails but didnt like it found it too distracting :?
    CUBE ltd 2012,reba sl, XT, saint, DMR, spank, current xc/am ride

GIANT boulder, marzzochi EXR, LX/alivio, DMR, spank, retro build
  • pk64
    pk64 Posts: 53
    I don't use headphones when I am on my bike as I can't hear any traffic over the loud metal that I enjoy listening to. The area I live in is mostly narrow singletrack roads, and as much of the traffic on the roads is fast wide lorries which require you to cycle off the road while they pass it would be dangerous for my to use my headphones.
    2009 Trek 3900 - MTB (Upgraded)
    1976 Eddy Merckx - Road (Restored)