First ride of the new year - Huddersfield

bluechair84
bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
edited December 2009 in MTB rides
So, what's better than seeing in the new year with a good early ride over frozen moorland?
Is anyone North of Huddersfield and planning a New years ride? I'd be happy to lead one across Marsden moor - standedge trail.

Comments

• James23
    James23 Posts: 113
    I live in the Huddersfield area what time you thinking of going....
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    Actually on New Years Day? Wont you be seriously hungover?

I live HD too, well just about
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • James23
    James23 Posts: 113
    True forgot about that
  • bluechair84
    James23 wrote:
    True forgot about that
    Start the year as you mean to go on! I always go for a new years walk in the morning if I have spent it with family, Though there won't be family down this year, I still intend to get out and welcome 2010.

As for seriously hung over; biking is the best cure I know :o

It won't be too early, when ever people are up for a ride.
  • CraigXXL
    CraigXXL Posts: 1,852
    Driving to get there and loosing your licence isn't the best way to start the New Year.

Absolutly no idea where you are talking about but would like to learn some new routes but not on New Years day, I'll proabably be busy promising never to drink again. Again.
  • Just over in Halifax and would like to get out on some new trails in that area .... but i don't think i'll be fit for it on New Years Day ... especially AM ....
  • bluechair84
    aah I'm not really one for drinking to excess anyway, I will be legal by the morning.

Well I'll keep this thread up closer to the time and maybe we'll get a decent group sorted for a first ride of the year in the first few days.

But initial plans would be a loop starting out of Marsden on Manchester road, a loop over Saddleworth way and a loop up to the A640. A figure of eight so people can join for the full ride or stop about halfway. Takes in the best decent in the area and another lesser known but pretty decent one.
  • sounds nice. we're down at the outlaws in Sussex for NYD but I usually kick off the year with a ride on the moors around Saddleworth. There is no better cure for overeating and overdrinking. Especially if you end up at the Tunnel End Inn for beer and scran...oh ;)
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    Not really a drinker either. Will see what I can do. Might be a bit tricky, with family stuff etc, but one can try his damdest :P
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • + 1

I'm in for a New Years day ride on't moors or similar.
    'nulla tenaci invia est via'
    FCN4
    Boardman HT Pro fully X0'd
    CUBE Peleton 2012
    Genesis Aether 20 all season commuter