MTB and Road riding in Verwood/Ringwood area.

afcbian
afcbian Posts: 424
edited April 2012 in MTB rides
I am looking for road and MTB riding partners.
It's hard enough finding the motivation to get out and as my regular riding buddies continue to be put off by the weather I need to find some more committed riding buddies in the area.
I look to get out nightriding on the MTB once or twice during the week and then either road or MTB on Saturday or Sunday morning.
I have 4 MTB rides from my doorstep ranging from 17- 35 miles, virtually all offroad and 2 routes on quiet lanes for road riding of either 27, 40 or 50 miles.
Would be good to find out about other routes in the area too.
Anyone who would like to hook up for regular rides, let me know.
I ride therefore I am

Comments

• should be up for learning some new routes round that area!

based in ferndown so not too far away from you...
    {insert smartarse comment here}
  • afcbian
    Hi Andy
    What riding do you do ?
    I ride therefore I am
  • xc mainly, avon forest park, hurn forest, and stringing together bits of green between ferndown and bournemouth.

been trying to get out on a regular ride from redhill every tuesday but struggling with getting away from work :oops: daft big project on at the moment.

you?
  • afcbian
    XC mainly too.
    During the summer was out 3 times a week, 2 XC and 1 road. But winter limits me to 1 midweek ride and 1 weekend.
    I ride Moors Valley/Ringwood Forest and also have a couple of nice routes out via Ringwood, Poulner up into the New Forest past the Red Shute and up out into the forest, then come under the A31 back down to Ringwood and home.
    Also occasionally do a loop down through Moors Valley to St Leonards then down to the airport, Throop and back up.
    Purbecks is fantastic too but requires more time and planning.
    My road ride takes me out to Cripplestyle, Cranborne, Moor Crichel, Tarrant Keynstone, Wimborne, Holt and home. It follows some of the route of the BHF Wimborne 50.
    I just find motivation to get out is increased exponentially when there's more than one of you !!
    I ride therefore I am
  • cool,

pm me when you're about next week and i'll see what work allows...
  • afcbian
    Will do
    I ride therefore I am
  • I see you had a post some time ago about Verwood, ringwood etc.. rides

I moved to verwood 3 years ago and have yet had time to run the local routes..

Interested in some rides/ Night rides etc..

Message me if you are still riding.

Ian
  • Someone with a Ducati and a fellow Boscombe fan, definitely have things to talk about :)

I ride in Ringwood Forest now and then (I tend to go out more over the other side of the Forest with a bunch of mates on Wednesdays)

Live in Verwood, would be pleased to get out of a few evenings weekends if you're all still going.
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Hi all :D

We ride every Wednesday evening in the New Forest, setting off from from Fordingbridge at 7pm. The riding is mostly off road and fairly technical, but we are a mixed ability group so it doesn't really matter how fast or slow people are. There's a group of us, anything from 4 up to about 10 MTBers! We then meet back at the pub at about 9.30 for a drink / food.

PM me if you would like more details - there really is great riding to be had in the New Forest!

Sarah :D
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Just my luck, another Wednesday bike bunch. Might take you up on that Sarah. In the winter my bunch all leave from Ipley Crossroads, so I usually drive to Beaulieu Road station and park there but it's 50+ miles of driving for a couple of hours on the bike (and of course a pint and chat in the pub after)
  • miss notax
    Ha ha, that's typical isn't it?!! No worries, PM me if you fancy it and I can let you know the details. There are some great trails and it's good fun - and yep, we've got the obligatory pint and chat (with food too!) afterwards :wink:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

• Evening all.

I see there are some fellow mtbers in the new forest area. Thinking of doing a ride over christmas and wondering whether anyone might be interested? Going to be on the day after boxing day.

I'm based in new milton, right on the edge of the forest.

Let me know if you fancy it and we'll see what we can orgainse.
  • If only mate - next time I'm back in 425 might give you a bell.
  • Hi,
    I am looking for mountain bike riding partners for night rides during the week. There are already quite a few groups that start later but I like to get out straight after work about 5.30, 6ish. Would anyone be up for a new forest ride around about this time? I am flexible with days but don't know my way around very well. I am also fairly competative so fastish, fit people ideally. Looking do do around 2 hours.
    Get in touch if you want to ride, my email is freyabloor@yahoo.co.uk
    Many thanks,
    Freya
  • Good evening freya. Nice to hear from you. Sadly i'm not exactly fit, welll not a wippet, but can ride for a couple of hours. We head out about 6.30 tho. Is that too late? Where are you based/ride from?

Might be able to give you some detailed directions of some good rides. Thanks for the reply. Jason
  • miss notax
    Hi,
    I am looking for mountain bike riding partners for night rides during the week. There are already quite a few groups that start later but I like to get out straight after work about 5.30, 6ish. Would anyone be up for a new forest ride around about this time? I am flexible with days but don't know my way around very well. I am also fairly competative so fastish, fit people ideally. Looking do do around 2 hours.
    Get in touch if you want to ride, my email is freyabloor@yahoo.co.uk
    Many thanks,
    Freya

Hi Freya :D

We ride from 7pm i'm afraid and would struggle to get there any earlier..... PM me if you would like any more info on our rides though - we are a pretty fast group so should suit you.

• miss notax
    Muddy1182 wrote:
    Evening all.

I see there are some fellow mtbers in the new forest area. Thinking of doing a ride over christmas and wondering whether anyone might be interested? Going to be on the day after boxing day.

I'm based in new milton, right on the edge of the forest.

Let me know if you fancy it and we'll see what we can orgainse.

We would be interested in this! Post up details nearer the time (I have no idea if we are meant to be somewhere on that day - Christmas gets a bit manic...) and we'll try to make it! Good idea :D

• Hi all

Just started night riding from Verwood and looking for local riders
    Just started XC again been riding a while and still loving it.
    Couple of riders at the moment hoping to get a few more and something more regular perhaps someone with some local singletrack knowledge.
    Maybe join a local club or group
    Any ideas have asked around but nothing yet?

Wednesdays are a problem but flexible otherwise.

Ian
  • M005
    M005 Posts: 19
    I've just moved to Ashley Heath and am interesting in getting out on the bike more.

Been grabbing some singletrack in Moors Valley early in the mornings & ventured over to Watchmoor Wood this week as well.

I'd be up for evening rides, Wednesday is out for me too.
  • VerwoodAsh
    VerwoodAsh Posts: 196
    ian996sps wrote:
    Hi all

Just started night riding from Verwood and looking for local riders
    Just started XC again been riding a while and still loving it.
    Couple of riders at the moment hoping to get a few more and something more regular perhaps someone with some local singletrack knowledge.
    Maybe join a local club or group
    Any ideas have asked around but nothing yet?

Wednesdays are a problem but flexible otherwise.

Ian

Hi I'm Verwood based and have been riding the area for years. However I have not been on the bike as much as I would have liked recently and lost an awful lot of fitness. So I need to get back into riding again and with groups would help.

Drop me a mail when you are next going out if you don't mind me joining you. I still know a lot of the tracks on both sides of the B3081 and beyond..

Ashley
  • Muise
    Muise Posts: 12
    I know this thread is super old, but it came up in my google search when trying to find an MTB group in Ringwood. I haven't been able to find one, so I've set up a Facebook group to see if there is any interest out there to start a local MTB group. If you live in or near Ringwood and would be interested please join the group here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ringwoodmtb