Veho Muvi (£12 Delivered!) Youtube footage on pg9

Comments

• mac_man
    mac_man Posts: 918
    What's delivery time on this? I want to order one for an Xmas present.... but I want to know whether it's too late for Xmas now.
    Cool, retro and sometimes downright rude MTB and cycling themed T shirts. Just MTFU.

By day: http://www.mtfu.co.uk
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    well it was 25 days at the start of the thread. So assume a standard 25 day wait unless he has surplus stock.
  • Davy-g
    Davy-g Posts: 401
    leon69 wrote:
    Support 30 fps for 720*480 and 320*240 video shoot and output. is very low mind the fps is fine but the rez 720*480 is low a tv is 1000*600 ish were as a PC monitor can be up to 1900*1200 so its never gooding to be amazing

But for £10 what do you want !
    its fine for YT uploads may even get me self one :P

30fps @ 720 x 480 is the NTSC format which is indicative to North America, whereas here in the UK we use the PAL format which is 25fps @ 720 x 576

the cam's capture resolution is more than adequate for playback on UK TV's or for using in your home made DVD's
  • yup i just got my footage onto the computer. I was getting an average of 25.17 fps apparently.

I put my camera too far forward so your basically looking at ground rather than the trail ahead. Now i am using the Muvi but there is no quality difference. they are exactly the same. Just one has labels all over it. I will try and edit it and get a small selection up.

The card i have is a toshiba 2gig. Not great but i got it with it so i dont care.

I will be purchasing one of these unbranded ones off ebay as a spare/replacement as the microphone on my muvi is damaged, when you have other noise going on it is hardly noticable but its annoying when its quiet.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Davy-g wrote:
    30fps @ 720 x 480 is the NTSC format which is indicative to North America, whereas here in the UK we use the PAL format which is 25fps @ 720 x 576

the cam's capture resolution is more than adequate for playback on UK TV's or for using in your home made DVD's

Still, picture quality isn't all about resolution- the firmware, sensor etc can be more important. My old bullet cam was lower resolution than my (even older) ATC2K but it had far better picture quality.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Davy-g
    edited December 2009
    I forgot to mention that the Video quality of the Veho Muvi is 2 megapixel which is pretty good... have just noticed on the Veho website that the record spec are a tad different to the cam that is on sale on ebay,,, http://www.veho-uk.com/Techdetail.aspx?id=87
  • blister pus
    Like what?
  • Davy-g
    the ebay cam has a res of 720 x 480 , the original cam is only 640 x 480
  • pdid
    pdid Posts: 1,065
    Davy-g wrote:
    the ebay cam has a res of 720 x 480 , the original cam is only 640 x 480

Clutching at straws springs to mind!
  • blister pus
    And depends which bit of the ebay site you're reading, the top section or the bottom spec.
  • The original link now says "the listing has ended."

Can anyone kindly link to the same product by the same seller that you guys and girls all used, please?

I received the "real McCoy" and the "activity kit" as an early Xmas pressie from my mum (along with lots of other stuff that really overwhelmed me, tbh), still getting to grips with it (first efforts have rather crackly sound, perhaps due to way I was holding the gismo?).

However, I'm now thinking about ordering a few of these "cheap as chips" versions for various family members as little extras, providing I have not missed the boat!
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • mac_man
    mac_man Posts: 918
    The original link now says "the listing has ended."

Can anyone kindly link to the same product by the same seller that you guys and girls all used, please?

I received the "real McCoy" and the "activity kit" as an early Xmas pressie from my mum (along with lots of other stuff that really overwhelmed me, tbh), still getting to grips with it (first efforts have rather crackly sound, perhaps due to way I was holding the gismo?).

However, I'm now thinking about ordering a few of these "cheap as chips" versions for various family members as little extras, providing I have not missed the boat!

Done.

http://tinyurl.com/y9tle8x
    Cool, retro and sometimes downright rude MTB and cycling themed T shirts. Just MTFU.

By day: http://www.mtfu.co.uk
  • Thankyou, kind sir! :)
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3nPeag_B18

the veho version. sorry for the soundtrack but its better than listening to some unfit bugger wheezing away. still experimenting with the best angle of the camera so around 6mins its a bit too low.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    North' the clip looks very poor on youtube, all blocky, I am sure its not the muvi, something to do with youtube I expect (or the format uploaded).
  • alfablue wrote:
    North' the clip looks very poor on youtube, all blocky, I am sure its not the muvi, something to do with youtube I expect (or the format uploaded).

probably the format. im not good with technology like this but when i watched the original it was fine. oh well. i might work it out one day.

Though it does say this above the video for me "This video is still being processed. Video quality may improve once processing is complete"
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • alfablue
    north-sure wrote:
    Though it does say this above the video for me "This video is still being processed. Video quality may improve once processing is complete"
    Ah, that's interesting!

Never used Youtube myself, so you are ahead of me tech-wise :wink:
  • So, is class 6 the best the camera can manage?

What if I was to get a class 10 card?
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    So, is class 6 the best the camera can manage?

Not so much what it can manage, just what it can use. Think of it like a hosepipe, up to a certain point the hose restricts the flow but once the hose is big enough for all the flow, making it bigger still doesn't give you more water ;)
    Uncompromising extremist
  • blister pus
    True in some cases but it's simply an unknown quantity shoving a class 8 or 10 card into a camera of this quality you get varying results as it is from reviews of such cards and there's going to come a point where the camera really is the limiting factor. So personally I'm not sure I could justify spending the extra on a card with greater DTS over and above a decent branded class 6. I'd have to demo one against a class 6 in a shop to be convinced.
  • alfablue
    alfablue wrote:
    north-sure wrote:
    Ah, that's interesting!

Never used Youtube myself, so you are ahead of me tech-wise :wink:
    Hey! So right, just viewed it again, it has improved dramatically!!!! :lol:
  • Northwind wrote:
    So, is class 6 the best the camera can manage?

Not so much what it can manage, just what it can use. Think of it like a hosepipe, up to a certain point the hose restricts the flow but once the hose is big enough for all the flow, making it bigger still doesn't give you more water ;)

Excellent, very well explained. thanks. I've already got a class 6 card on order, but just came across the class 10s and was wondering. I'll stick with what I have :D ta
  • Are those of you that have received your bargain toy finding that the sound is a bit "crackly" during playback?

My "real McCoy" one has superb picture quality, but the sound is barely passable!
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Are those of you that have received your bargain toy finding that the sound is a bit "crackly" during playback?

My "real McCoy" one has superb picture quality, but the sound is barely passable!

When you say a bit crackly how do you mean? I am having what would appear to be a similar sound problem. Is it a sort of noise that resembles the gun noises you make with your tongue as a child?
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • Hmm, best way I can think of describing it would be a "crackling" that reminds me of someone continually playing (tapping) with the foam found on a regular karioke style microphone.

Maybe the default 2GB miniSD card is limiting the sound quality as well as the framerate?
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    No problems with mine on a standard Class 4 Sandisk 1GB card. :D
  • gonga
    gonga Posts: 225
    Maybe im just a little fussy but im yet to see any footage from one of these that would make me want to buy one :D
  • Can't find proper specs on this but might be worth a go for memory:

http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4-/3564175/Sandisk-8GB-Micro-SDHC-Memory-Card/Product.html

Had a look on the Sandisk website and all I could see was a picture of a card with a 2 surrounded by a C. Does this mean it's only a class 2 card?
    "I ride to eat"
  • I've been doing a bit of research on these.

The Veho Muvi is the same as the AEE MD80. It's an excellent little camera and comes with a metal casing and supports a maximum of 640x480 at 25-30fps (depending on the class of the MicroSD card, I think). It has an image processor designed to minimise video artefacts from vibration or forward helmet-cam-type movement. I haven't found a genuine one for much less than about £45.

The clones available from Hong Kong on eBay are NOT the same camera. They look similar but they have a plastic casing and although they support the higher resolution of 720x480 at 25-30fps, their image processing is not as good and they're more susceptible to that weird jelly-like effect and smearing when subjected to vibration and speed. However, they're cheap as chips and you can pick them up for about £12.

Just wanted to help clarify the differences between the two. HTH.

: P
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Stuart_C wrote:
    Can't find proper specs on this but might be worth a go for memory:

http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4-/3564175/Sandisk-8GB-Micro-SDHC-Memory-Card/Product.html

Had a look on the Sandisk website and all I could see was a picture of a card with a 2 surrounded by a C. Does this mean it's only a class 2 card?

Sure does mate.. I went for this one:

http://www.ginger6.com/flash-memory-fla ... 31160.html

Good delivery speed, helpful service etc, and at a good price.. now, I just need the cam to turn up!