Anyone Southampton / Hampshire Based?

bevans1986
bevans1986 Posts: 29
edited December 2009 in MTB rides
I haven't ridden my MTB in anger for a couple of years now but have recently started commuting to work on a road bike. It is made me really want to get back out on the MTB (which needs a trip to the bike shop for a service and a new front brake).

Anyway the people I used to ride with have either a) stopped and sold their bikes or b) I have just lost tough with them. So my question is does anyone else ride in the Hampshire area? and where?

I used to do general trail riding, a few jumps and messing about etc down at Lordswood but I heard that a lot of the trails got flattened?

I also popped down to QEP a couple of times for some XC, at the time there was a club developing the trails, not sure how they finished up.

Anyway would be good to hear from people who ride in the area. I should be back out on the trails when I get the MTB patched up in the new year.

Comments

• I'm at the Uni in Southampton so I do manage to get out riding every now and again. Lordswood is no good this time of year really. The place doesn't drain at all and it's a bit of a mudfest! Back home I ride around the Deepcut area - I much prefer it! That's a bit of a trek from Southampton though.

I have been very tempted to have a day trip over to the Isle of Wight at some point...
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    Ive heard that Isle of White and Lymington aren't bad

You are also not far from new forest.
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Hello :D

We MTB in the New Forest every week (Wednesday nights) from Fordingbridge and are a group of mixed ability riders. My other half Chris usually guides. There are some great technical bits and singletrack in the forest - honest!

PM me if you would like further details :D
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • hey dude im in portswood southampton pm if want

i ride mainly up in lordswood theres some very good stuff up there
    2 Broken fingers broken again... F@$%^£g hell that hurt!!!

92% of teenagers have turned to rap. If your one of the 8% that still listens to real music put this in your sig.
    METAL!!!!!
  • Nice one Skullthaw, getting the bike sorted at the moment but will give you a shout in the new year.
  • sweet
    2 Broken fingers broken again... F@$%^£g hell that hurt!!!

92% of teenagers have turned to rap. If your one of the 8% that still listens to real music put this in your sig.
    METAL!!!!!