DirtyTheiving Scumbags

tightbarsteward
tightbarsteward Posts: 123
edited January 2010 in MTB general
Anyone had this bike theiving tactic happen to them?

My mate noticed his side gate open slightly this dinner time which he thought was strange. On checking his shed someone had got in his back garden and removed all the screws from hinges and lock from the shed, and then left. Both him and the cops thinks they might show up again tonight to pluck the bikes from within. He is preparing to meet them head on armed with his trusty baseball bat.

It sounds like a very risky strategy by the thieves to prep then return 24 hours later.

Has it happened to anyone else?

Comments

• biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    common tactic for thieveing scum with IQ above 4.
    though its not specific to bike theft alone as far as im aware.
    your pal should'nt have told the cops if hes gonna reply with the baseball bat approach.
    cops will now know its pre-meditated revenge if he hurts them if they come back.
    i would have dished out a beating then called cops , more likely to get away with it.
    cue the pacifist brigade chip in with the anti-violence speech .
  • He didnt tell them that, he just asked if he was allowed to protect his property. The cop said yeah as long as you dont use unreasonable force whatever that means.

The cops supplied him with some pens, a florescent light and 2 rape alarms, which was is ok if they try to bum him then nick his bike. Christ what a nightmare that would be!! :cry:
  • callin the cops is not even worth the cost of the call, s much use as an ashtray on a motorbike!
  • Not similar but perhaps showing the outright front of some of these scumbags, my sister had an old (and rarely used) horse transporter and one night thieves got into the yard and stole the battery from it. Two days later they returned and stole the vehicle. Police reckoned they intended to steal it on the first break in but the battery was flat so they nicked it, charged it up and returned to have another go.
  • biff55
    ask cops permission to protect his property if they come back ?
    yeah right :shock:
  • bobpzero
    bobpzero Posts: 1,431
    He didnt tell them that, he just asked if he was allowed to protect his property. The cop said yeah as long as you dont use unreasonable force whatever that means.

The cops supplied him with some pens, a florescent light and 2 rape alarms, which was is ok if they try to bum him then nick his bike. Christ what a nightmare that would be!! :cry:

pens are useful if you are jason bourne. anyways i remember during a staff meeting about a "nighttime intruder" and the police man said (slight paraphrase) unreasonable force is jumping up and down on the guys head after he has stopped moving for quite a time. could set up the alarms to trigger when the shed door is opened.

heres some reading to be looked at
    http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/how-to-toughen-up-your-bike-shed-part-1-21131/
  • bobpzero wrote:
    He didnt tell them that, he just asked if he was allowed to protect his property. The cop said yeah as long as you dont use unreasonable force whatever that means.

pens are useful if you are jason bourne. anyways i remember during a staff meeting about a "nighttime intruder" and the police man said (slight paraphrase) unreasonable force is jumping up and down on the guys head after he has stopped moving for quite a time. could set up the alarms to trigger when the shed door is opened.

heres some reading to be looked at
    http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/how-to-toughen-up-your-bike-shed-part-1-21131/

Actually he is Jason Bourne. He's sat in his shed now listening to them via cell phone tap ready to pounce, armed with the pens and a rolled up magazine.

No but seriously he has somehow set up the rape alarm as some sort of improvised shed door alarm. And also got his mate to screw hinges etc back on and de-head the screws so they cant b removed.
  • jadamson
    jadamson Posts: 644
    man i wana know what happens! make sure we know asap :L :D

set up a motion camera as well then we can see some photos of some thieving scum being waked with a baseball bat! :lol:
  • colintrav
    colintrav Posts: 1,074
    Anyone had this bike theiving tactic happen to them?

My mate noticed his side gate open slightly this dinner time which he thought was strange. On checking his shed someone had got in his back garden and removed all the screws from hinges and lock from the shed, and then left. Both him and the cops thinks they might show up again tonight to pluck the bikes from within. He is preparing to meet them head on armed with his trusty baseball bat.

It sounds like a very risky strategy by the thieves to prep then return 24 hours later.

Has it happened to anyone else?

Your mate should set up a webcam on the shed .. and what kind of street does your mate live in .. ??

Everyone know everyone or is it one those streets that nobody knows anyone ..

Ans has your mate asked your neighbours who was about ... ?????
  • captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    of courde if this happened it me I would realise that my knives and sword collection was looking a little dull and blunt so be happliy sharpening and polishing them through the night as I find it helps relax me, officer :roll: It's a brave thief who doesn't leg it and never come back when confronted by a large gentleman waving a foot long kukri knife at him, only ever delibeatly hit a thief with the blunt edge mind.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    my shed is just a decoy
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    my shed is just a decoy

Hehe, +1. The bikes are hidden throughout the house here. Curiously my shed has a clothes drier in, my Kitchen has 2 bike, my living room also has 2.
  • biff55
    my bike is stored in a room with 2 dogs.
    security is not a problem 8)
  • biff55 wrote:

My dog would be glad to see the back of my bikes......hehe....he`s lay here on the sofa now.....full belly.....knackered and asleep.....dreaming about thieves in the night ! :D
    Santa Cruz Heckler 2006
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    biff55 wrote:

Yeah but Chihuahuas don't count...

Seriously though, get a webcam/video camera set up in the shed, I'd pay good money to see a chav getting paggered.
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • Oh I've thought about what to do long and hard over many nights if someone attempts to break into my shed. As mentioned, sometimes thieves come back a few nights later. The only way into my shed is through the window.

However, I am prepared. I have a temporary length of wood that fits exactly where I think their thieving hands would grab as they get in. I've ground up small shards of glass and stuck them to the wood with resin type stuff. I then go to the top of the street and get a turd from a mongrel dog. I brush the sh*t onto the glass.

But DON'T do this: Gangrene is a terrible condition that might result in the thieves fingers needing amputation. :twisted:
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • you would also be liable for their injuries.

far better is something noxious open on a precarious shelf above the window, taped into place.
  • biff55
    i'm impressed by buckled-rims attention to detail
    nice work fella :D
  • biff55
    dave_hill wrote:
    biff55 wrote:

Yeah but Chihuahuas don't count...

Seriously though, get a webcam/video camera set up in the shed, I'd pay good money to see a chav getting paggered.

my toy poodles pack a real punch i'll have you know
    and chav paggering is a popular sport round my neighbourhood
    :D
  • bobpzero
    bobpzero Posts: 1,431
    could use cats?
    MayorWestwithCatLauncher.jpg:lol:
  • I'm sad to report that unfortunately no chav paggering has taken place yet. He waited up all night to no avail. He even came out on the piss the next day with me.

You got to admire the guys stamina.
  • Dude, you MUST approach this as passive as it is possible to do so. Having been on the receiving end of chavvy scum with IQ just enuff to keep him breathing, I told the nice policeman that I detained a man who tried to gain access to my property. i didn't tell him however how long I'd had him there or how many times a gave him a smattering everyone time he so much as flinched...!! Do TELL the truth, but be ECONOMICAL with it, "I think it happened 10 mins ago officer" whereas in fact it was 30. Besides, in this cold weather, 30 mins without shoes and socks........
  • I replaced all my screws on the shed with bolts, got a shed alarm and the bikes have 5 different types of locks on them.
    Full Susser - GT I-Drive XCR 5

Hardtail - GT Aggressor XC 2

Road Bike - GT GTR Series 4
  • Hi

Just some good news about a scumbag. Last year I had the horrible news from a neighbour that someone had just nicked my bike from my garden, had been back about 20mins afer a ride. In finest tradition I gave chase on my spare bike managing to chase him to a neighbouring town before he dumped my bike and hid on a railway line.The local old bill turned up including a dog unit and a helicopter, just very lucky. Unlucky for him the dog found him and my bike was found

After two appearances he finally pleaded guilty yesterday and obviously sentencing awaits.
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    biff55 wrote:

My bikes are stored in a room with the mrs. Security aint an issue for me either :lol::lol::lol:
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.