Veho Muvi (£12 Delivered!) Youtube footage on pg9

Comments

• FOR THOSE LOOKING FOR A CLASS 6 MICRO SDHC CARD

It seems that there are a number of places to buy your Micro SD cards from. All around the same price too.

I just bought mine here for £11.48 delivered. It comes with an adapter too.

I figured that as my camera is coming from Hong Kong, may as well get the card from there too. They should both arrive around the same time so happy days. :D

I'm not suggesting that this place is any better than any others, just another option.[/b]
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Do we need 8gb for this camera ? Battery life is 2hours, and it says 40 mins takes up 1gb ?

So a 4gb should comfortably cope with the battery life of the cam if its perfect - after that you'd be recharging with the USB so easy enough to download the film ?

This one looks a bargain to match up with the cheap camera ?

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDHC/My ... ---Class-6
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    Yep, I just bought two of those, same reasoning, 4gb should be enough.

Although I bought the £12 eBay camera for myself, I also bought a Veho Muvi branded one from Veho's eBay shop for £48.99 - it is for a pressie and I didn't want any warranty hassle.

I also got the Sports pack for £13.52 delivered from CCL computers

and the waterproof case from Veho's Lifestyleshop - special offer £10 off at £29.99 (on pre-order).

Total cost for Muvi, waterproof case, sports pack and 4gb class 6 card £99.48 - I hope my son likes it :)
  • cougie wrote:
    Do we need 8gb for this camera ? Battery life is 2hours, and it says 40 mins takes up 1gb ?

Now I'm not entirely sure on this, but with an 8gb card, does that not just mean I'll be able to store a couple of videos on there at a time?

I very neary did go for a 4gb one, but the price difference was so small, I figured I may as well bring out the big guns :P
    I
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    It says it supports AVI multimedia files, so you'll squeeze up to 8GB worth of files or file on there. Which as pointed out, if accurate, at 40 minutes a GB, in theory, is 5.3 hours worth of moving picture fileage.
  • blister pus
    Actually it's FAT formatted so you'll only get a single 4GB (minus 1 byte) file on it before the max FAT file size kicks in. But a single 4GB / 2.5+ hour file is pretty good.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Sounds like a good present there Alfa !

Yeah - difference in price isnt that big I agree - I just dont think I'll ever be carrying around more than the current film on the camera ? You have to dock it to recharge - so why wouldnt you download ?
  • I presume there is no display on these to see how much memory or battery life is left so they are just charge and download at every opportunity.
    Isn't the silicon cover going to give enough waterproofing for taking it out in the rain ?
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    I presume there is no display on these to see how much memory or battery life is left so they are just charge and download at every opportunity.
    Isn't the silicon cover going to give enough waterproofing for taking it out in the rain ?
    no, no display, but i would have thought the silicon cover would provide at least some waterproofing.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    Footage at last!

http://www.youtube.com/user/theoblack2009

I hope you like the music, there is absolutely no wind noise - very good audio recording, just thought I'd layer the Cha Cha Slide over the top of it to annoy the majority. :twisted:
  • bells0
    bells0 Posts: 414
    Be interested to see how much better a cat6 memory stick improves it.

ps - u live on millionaires row?! :wink:
  • missmarple
    I reckon I could adjust the tones and really get a decent video out of this with the correct software, I just used WIndows Movie Maker and dumped it onto Youtube in 5 minutes.

And I suppose you'd call it 'millionaire's row' as a majority of the houses are over the £1m mark, no 335Ds here! :lol:
  • DamonC
    DamonC Posts: 263
    I am sure if you did some research into the best encoding settings before uploading to YT you'd get a better result.
    Suffering from the light bike fat git syndrome.
  • missmarple
    DamonC wrote:
    I am sure if you did some research into the best encoding settings before uploading to YT you'd get a better result.

Yes I expect I would, but alas I don't have time to faff with all that sort of bull*cks, I'm satisfied with my purchase and the quality it produces. Nor do I have an interest in 'Video Encoding' to warrant wasting time or money on products to do it.

The quality from the video on Youtube isn't THAT much different from the actual device, slightly pixelated. Looks fine when you turn on 'HQ' for me.
  • miss marple - have you been reading it through a card reader or taking the file straight onto your hard drive through the USB cable?
  • missmarple
    salsajake wrote:
    miss marple - have you been reading it through a card reader or taking the file straight onto your hard drive through the USB cable?

Through the USB cable, no difference whatsoever if you read through a 'reader' - whats the point? Just spending more time faffing around with the card!

Ideally, you should use a Sandisk 4GB card and try and find the largest buffer possible for a MicroSD card. It works in the same way as Compact Flash card does for an SLR.
  • Am planning to get a SCHD6 or whatever it is that is recc'd - 8MB I think gives 4 hours and is the biggest you can use I think - will try Maplin first
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    The footage looks very "hesitant" - could this be the memory card (class 4 versus class 6) issue? Does it look the same or better when played on your pc?
  • the quality is excellent, it just doesnt seem to like bumpy ground. I have a muvi only cos i got it relatively cheap - unfortunately not this cheap but i am looking into one as a spare. I just havn't found a way to attach the camera to my helmet. I think i must be retarded.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • missmarple
    north-sure wrote:
    the quality is excellent, it just doesnt seem to like bumpy ground. I have a muvi only cos i got it relatively cheap - unfortunately not this cheap but i am looking into one as a spare. I just havn't found a way to attach the camera to my helmet. I think i must be retarded.

I used a spare velcro strap from my Sigma lightset. Failing that, make use of a long tie clip.

And yes it is hesitant probably because of either the way it writes to card or probably the card itself.
  • I read that with the standard card it is recording quicker than the card can store it, so you get glitches, apparently the lots of letters with a 6 on the end SHDC or something? fixes this and makes it loads better, whilst also boosting recording time, and all for about another £10.

My Muvi one has been despatched from Amazon, will take it into Maplin for an upgrade next week.
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    salsajake be careful at Maplin. They're like Halfords if you get a good one that's fine, but others can be very shocking.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    salsajake wrote:
    Am planning to get a SCHD6 or whatever it is that is recc'd - 8MB I think gives 4 hours and is the biggest you can use I think - will try Maplin first

Maplin might have the advantage of readily available stock butyou do pay the pricefor this privelige. Last time I looked at their memory cards they were selling their own brand 512mb SD card for the same price I paid for a branded 2Gb card.
    bells0 wrote:
    Be interested to see how much better a cat6 memory stick improves it.

Have a look at my previous post with daytine & nightime footage on it.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • i worked out how to attach it, i was merely being stupid, it was the most simple fix ever....

I'll go for a quick spin tomorrow on road and offroad on sunday and try and work out how to upload it.

I have however buggered the sound on mine, im not sure attaching it to a the barrel of a paintball gun was the best idea.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • Wow, just seen this thread.....and all the footage.....and just ordered it !

Can`t wait.

Someone give me the definitive answer on best card for this mofo !? 8)

Thanks
    Santa Cruz Heckler 2006
  • blister pus
    You've already had the answer. A Micro SDHC Class 6 card from a reputable brand with a track record in flash memory. Most PC memory manufacturers diversified into flash memory technology so any of those would be a good bet if you want brands.
  • andituk
    andituk Posts: 122
    If you search for d001 on YouTube, there are quite a few sample vids. Quality looks amazing for the money! Better than lots of clips I've seen from far more expensive cams.
  • leon69
    leon69 Posts: 53
    Support 30 fps for 720*480 and 320*240 video shoot and output. is very low mind the fps is fine but the rez 720*480 is low a tv is 1000*600 ish were as a PC monitor can be up to 1900*1200 so its never gooding to be amazing

But for £10 what do you want !
    its fine for YT uploads may even get me self one :P
    If you dont bleed your not trying ...
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    720 x 480 is pretty good for a compact camera setup, it's actually better than the Helmet Hero. Only the new HD cameras really beat it, and they cost, uh, 3000% more? :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Dan Dare
    Dan Dare Posts: 367
    Ordered one earlier this evening along with an 8gb card , got to be worth a punt for under £25 all in! I can't wait to record some 'you've been framed' moments! :lol:
    Cheers for the heads up missmarple :wink: