Cottage near Peebles for new year anyone?

spragglerocks
spragglerocks Posts: 5
edited December 2009 in MTB general
Ok so I know it's a bit late to be planning new year, but we had booked a cottage near peebles for a week from 27th Dec to enjoy Glentress and Innerleithen however my boyfriend has to have an op a week before so will be in no fit state to mountain bike (and yes I know i could go anyway, but it is hardly fair!). So we'd booked a cottage:

http://www.unique-cottages.co.uk/cottag ... ir_cottage

for a week, price is £400 + £100 returnable deposit, the cottage sleeps 4 so fairly reasonable me thinks.

Anyway if they let the cottage we get our money back, if not we don't so if any of you singletrack lovers want an ace week away please book it - we could do with the cash back!

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• Keep looking guys, they've reduced it to £345 on their website, it's an even better deal now.
  • id love to take up this offer, but im working for afew days into that week and it just wouldnt be worth it money-wise, heres a bump up for it, hopefully someone will be interested.
    i spent all me money on whisky and beer!!!
  • you have a PM
    2010 Carrera Fury
    1992 Raleigh Equipe
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    me and the other half have got a cottage in the yorkshire dales over new year, looking forward to doing some mud plugging :lol::lol:
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • someone has got the cottage for part of the week, it's now available for three days of that week. Thats a shame as I was going to book it for the week, got the remaining day off work for the Sunday and everything. Must has been during today as I contacted them this morning and it was available. bit odd they let it for a part week, your not too likely of getting all your money back now I guess.

Not going to spend £245 for a handful of days when they were advertising the week at £345!! also living In clacton i'll spend half that time it's available travelling.

Ah well!

RockingDad
    2010 Carrera Fury
    1992 Raleigh Equipe
  • Thanks for the heads up Rockingdad, we've just heard the same from the cottage and are really annoyed, as you say it now looks unlikely they will let the rest of it! Grrrr.... :(