Veho Muvi (£12 Delivered!) Youtube footage on pg9

Comments

• missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    This has to be the bargain of the year. :lol:
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    redvee wrote:
    Looks like I've spent £8 on a card I don't need :( 7DS have processed my order and no repsponse to the question about my c0ck-up :(

Not if you bought online. Just return it and get a refund or the correct replacement.
  • Got mine from Hong kong Today. Very well packaged and enough tape to make airtight. 4 hrs on charge via usb supplied....also comes with a clip unit, a couple of extra brackets and a neck strap. 9 days from order to delivery. tested with 8gig Class 2 card with no issues

http://www.zoombits.co.uk/memory-cards/ ... -card/5531
    Failed Player of THE GAME ....i dont see any other bikes on my route !!!!!
    FCN 8, according to online calcutator...
  • blister pus
    you can get cheaper than that for Class 6 if you shop around.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Tested with 8gig Class 2 card with no issues

My camera with a class 2 card

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3qYDmsG-fo

For the price you paid for class 2, you can get class 6.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • This is the MD80 with a fast memory card.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Techmoan#p/u/1/zowf8UkE6fk

Very good quality indeed.
    'nulla tenaci invia est via'
    FCN4
    Boardman HT Pro fully X0'd
    CUBE Peleton 2012
    Genesis Aether 20 all season commuter
  • Have ordered myself one as like many others I'm like a rabbit caught in headlights when there is a a cheap gadget to be had!

Ebay so far seems to be the cheapest place for Class 6 micro cards - £11ish for an 8 GB. Anyone found a better deal yet?

How are folk planning to mount these? I fancy attaching it to my lid rather than my handle bars but don't know how easy this will be. Those of you who have get them first please do post some pics of how to do this.
    Trek Top Fuel 9 2010, Stumpy Pro 2009 ,Giant XTC3 2009, Qu-ax Penny Farthing,
    Elswick Hopper Model M delivery Bike 1960

God Shave The Queen!
  • redvee wrote:
    Tested with 8gig Class 2 card with no issues

My camera with a class 2 card

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3qYDmsG-fo

For the price you paid for class 2, you can get class 6.
    Thats shocking!

Its like watching a moving oil painting :lol:
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Those comparing class 6 v class 2 etc for microSD - don't forget that there is an incredible amount of bull claimed by manufacturers regarding speeds with some no-brand ebay specials the worst of the lot.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • blister pus
    There is and if you go for any reputable brand who have a track record in flash memory you'll still get Class 6 cheaper than his Class 2 link.
  • pdid
    pdid Posts: 1,065
    Harry182 wrote:
    Re: memory card, I bought this -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... oh_product

Also found a Micro SDHC 4 GB Class 6 for about £10 but figured I'd splash out a bit. :)

This is the one I bought also, cheapest i could find at the moment.

Thanks for the find!
  • skins2
    skins2 Posts: 78
    I've just ordered 2 - nice find Columbo.

How much video will an 8Gb card hold in one of these cameras?
  • On the Muvi one, 4 hours apparently, assume same with this. Do they come with any kind of guarantee - I'm thinking of getting the real mccoy from amazon for about £52, because its the real deal, because Muvi responded to my email query about its suitability for winter sports within 24 hours and because if it cocks up, I can send it back, plus I can get it in a couple of days and know who I am dealing with. Granted, its costing more, but if it lasts 3 times as long as the cheap ones, I'll be quids in. Also I haven't clicked on the links on this thread but some of the fake ones I saw were made of plastic rather than metal, so not sure if there could be durability issues. That said, I do hope the ones you guys have ordered are up to scratch!
  • pdid
    pdid Posts: 1,065
    salsajake wrote:
    On the Muvi one, 4 hours apparently, assume same with this. Do they come with any kind of guarantee - I'm thinking of getting the real mccoy from amazon for about £52, because its the real deal, because Muvi responded to my email query about its suitability for winter sports within 24 hours and because if it cocks up, I can send it back, plus I can get it in a couple of days and know who I am dealing with. Granted, its costing more, but if it lasts 3 times as long as the cheap ones, I'll be quids in. Also I haven't clicked on the links on this thread but some of the fake ones I saw were made of plastic rather than metal, so not sure if there could be durability issues. That said, I do hope the ones you guys have ordered are up to scratch!

Like sheeps said on the 1st page, for £12 we aint bothered :D
  • Yep, fair play, hope it works. I've had too many poor experiences with cheap electrical goods though.

Incidentally do you have to take the card out and put it in a reader to download the movie to your computer or does it all run through the USB? To save a movie, do you just click on an icon and copy from the card to the harddrive and then you can blank the memory card and start again?
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    Granted, its costing more, but if it lasts 3 times as long as the cheap ones, I'll be quids in.

It may also be the case that Leho actually get the same units, built in the exact factory ;) The example videos look like very similar quality, the specs are exactly the same and there are other variants about.

"Aee MD80" look familiar? They're certainly not manufacturing them themselves. ;)

Love it when technology jumps along like this, the dire quality and crazy price had always put me off potential helmet cams. These things look amazing. If the cheap one does turn out to be a rip off, I think I'll order a proper one too, much like the P7/Magiclight torch, the bonus of cheap imports is you can sell them over here for the same, if not more than you bought them for :P
  • bells0
    bells0 Posts: 414
    Jumped in on this deal too - can't wait to try it out! Cheers OP :D
  • missmarple
    Yes, just search 'MD80' in Youtube - mine is plastic but it comes with the silicon skin, I've used it on the bike and it is fantastic, very hard wearing. I'm gonna whack it in the plane and turn it on during PFLs and Finals too - that should be a laugh!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    seataltea wrote:
    This is the MD80 with a fast memory card.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Techmoan#p/u/1/zowf8UkE6fk

Very good quality indeed.

OT

the boat in one of your videos parked right in the view of my wedding fotos the night before i got married so instead of a beautiful view looking out across the caldera at santorini i had a bloomin great ship,
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Veho are a rebrander not a manufacturer, so there's a fair chance it'll be the exact same kit. Though it could be a knock-off of course. Doesn't matter much as long as it works, most likely if you kill it it'll be through violence or soaking and either way the guarantee probably wouldn't pay out anyway.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    salsajake wrote:
    Also I haven't clicked on the links on this thread but some of the fake ones I saw were made of plastic rather than metal, so not sure if there could be durability issues

It's quoted as "Thumb size alloy housing" but it sounds from other reports like it might not be :) I'm quite intruiged what'll arrive.
  • hoochylala
    hoochylala Posts: 987
    edited December 2009
    Glad I ordered while I did, I'm not sure the guy whos selling these will realise what has happened! Looks like this has been posted in Singletrack forums now too so I expect he will get a load more buyers!
  • deffler
    deffler Posts: 829
    hoochylala wrote:
    Glad I ordered while I did, I'm not sure the guy whoes seeling these will realise what has happended! Looks like this has been posted in Singletrack forums now too so I expect he will get a load more buyers!

bonkers
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS
  • missmarple
    deffler wrote:
    hoochylala wrote:
    Glad I ordered while I did, I'm not sure the guy whoes seeling these will realise what has happended! Looks like this has been posted in Singletrack forums now too so I expect he will get a load more buyers!

bonkers

I hope I get a mention for this! I'm kidding, I'm not that anal.....
  • GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    I ordered one too, cheap enough to take a punt.
  • majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    To recap - which seller are people favouring (lucky2009-allen?) and how long are deliveries taking at the moment?

Cheers,
    Matthew
  • missmarple
    To recap - which seller are people favouring (lucky2009-allen?) and how long are deliveries taking at the moment?

Cheers,
    Matthew

Mine took 10 days.
  • Major - When I ordered mine at the weekend, I received an email stating the delivery could now take up to 25 days due to xmas - a few other members have said that they received the same email. HTH
  • buff
    buff Posts: 139
    how do you mount this to the bars or helmet
    carrera fury
  • majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    hoochylala wrote:
    Major - When I ordered mine at the weekend, I received an email stating the delivery could now take up to 25 days due to xmas - a few other members have said that they received the same email. HTH

I take it you mean from lucky2009-allen? I ask because there's more than one seller with these cameras.

Matthew