WTD: free stuff!...

joshtp
joshtp Posts: 3,966
edited January 2010 in MTB general
Its a bit cheeky, but here goes anyway! ok, here's a thread on wich you say if you have anything old and unwanted, that you are willing to give away for free, or you say you want something, and someone else obliges and provide's you with one/takes your unwanted thing from you.
anything MTB related is welcome,swaps are encouraged, but most of all the idea is for people to receive something for free!
so, go for it, offer anything you have but dont want/need, and someone will pick it up.... or if you want something............
remember before you throw something away, one mans junk is anothers gold..... (or som'in like that....)
AND, start the auction....!
(first one to claim the offered item gets.....)
I like bikes and stuff

Comments

• Thread8
    Thread8 Posts: 479
    I might very soon have a pile of bmx parts which I might consider giving away...or ebaying :lol:
    Haro Thread 8
    Please help!

"It's like parkour, on a bike"
  • joshtp
    lol
    ebay is good, but if you ebay somthin and get £2, well, what does £2 buy? not much, but giving it away brings satisfaction(or summin like that...) and in retern you can pick up something from someone else....
    I like bikes and stuff
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    I have a pile of trash, which used to be a raliegh flair, but then i got into real mtbing and wrecked it and i took it apart the other day.
    Front wheel, still with tyre and tube (rim brake wheel)
    Rear wheel, with tyre, tube and cassette/sprockets. Rim brake wheel
    Frame, still attached to forks, stem and chain rings/cranks. Part of the rear v brake is still attached because the allen key bolt got worn away. You can have the other half of the brake if you want too.
    Handlebars (about 58/9cm long) not sure about clamp area diameter, but i could measure if anyone wants it.
    front v brake
    Front deralieur
    saddle
    seatpost (again, not sure of dia., but could measure if anyones interested.)
    If i remember anything else i have i'll tell you.
  • joshtp
    I have a pile of trash, which used to be a raliegh flair, but then i got into real mtbing and wrecked it and i took it apart the other day.
    Front wheel, still with tyre and tube (rim brake wheel)
    Rear wheel, with tyre, tube and cassette/sprockets. Rim brake wheel
    Frame, still attached to forks, stem and chain rings/cranks. Part of the rear v brake is still attached because the allen key bolt got worn away. You can have the other half of the brake if you want too.
    Handlebars (about 58/9cm long) not sure about clamp area diameter, but i could measure if anyone wants it.
    front v brake
    Front deralieur
    saddle
    seatpost (again, not sure of dia., but could measure if anyones interested.)
    If i remember anything else i have i'll tell you.
    nice work bud! presuming the tubes are 26in i might be interested in them, always good to have a rotten old tube or two for neoguard/ general modded bike rubbish type stuff.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Set of Hayes Sole hydros ( 6 and 8 inch rotors if memory serves), 1 lever clamp bolt needs replacing (6 fecking quid!!).
    Race Face Atlas seatpost (31.6) and SDG something-or-other saddle.
    ODI Ruffian lock ons in white with black collars (soiled).
    GT own brand riser and stem (25.4mm/ 1:1/8th In).
    God knows how many chainstay protectors...I don't even own a hardtail anymore.
    WTB SpeedDisc rim on unbranded Shimmy QR hub, spokes unknown.
    May be more to follow..

I reserve the right to charge P&P due to awkward shapes and packaging difficulties, but everything above is otherwise free.
    =========================================

Dot 4 in the eye hurts. Trust me
  • cunning-stunt, i'd be interested in the saddle if no one else has nabbed it yet. send me a PM and we can try and sort something out.

I'm not sure that I have much, if anything, to give away. I might have a few barely used tyres sitting around, but I'll have a dig in the garage tonight and see what I can find.
  • joshtp
    Set of Hayes Sole hydros ( 6 and 8 inch rotors if memory serves), 1 lever clamp bolt needs replacing (6 fecking quid!!).
    Race Face Atlas seatpost (31.6) and SDG something-or-other saddle.
    ODI Ruffian lock ons in white with black collars (soiled).
    GT own brand riser and stem (25.4mm/ 1:1/8th In).
    God knows how many chainstay protectors...I don't even own a hardtail anymore.
    WTB SpeedDisc rim on unbranded Shimmy QR hub, spokes unknown.
    May be more to follow..

I reserve the right to charge P&P due to awkward shapes and packaging difficulties, but everything above is otherwise free.
    well, id quite like the sole's! and the lock on's would be good, if u'v still got! pm sent.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • i thought this is what the classified section is for. and its not going to be free because someone has to pay postage.
  • joshtp
    i thought this is what the classified section is for. and its not going to be free because someone has to pay postage.
    dont be a party poop! its a great idea, and postage is nothing, your still not actuually paying for the product.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • its a brilliant idea.................................in theory.
  • joshtp
    its a brilliant idea.................................in theory.
    no, its just a brilliant idea.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • its a brilliant idea.................................in theory.
    The shuddup and let it happen!

I've got a non QR seat clamp.. its around 30.0mm. Not needed anymore, might do someone some good..

I'll do some digging :)
  • joshtp
    i have a well used, well scratched 27.something seatpost, its a bit mullered, and its been cut, but.....
    I like bikes and stuff
  • i have a set of high rollers like new, you can have them but i want £10 postage.
  • joshtp
    i have a set of high rollers like new, you can have them but i want £10 postage.
    lol
    i smell bitter
    I like bikes and stuff
  • thats a good offer, theyre £16 each on crc
  • joshtp
    ok, fair enough. well, thanks for the offer, but i just got new tyres.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    the tyres are old kenda ones, 26/1.95, but look wider. You can have them if you pick up or pay for postage. You can have the tubes too. they have green puncture stuff in them.
  • captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    I've got a pair of 2.1 kenda navegals OEM with less than a100miles on them that I am lothed to trow away but wont use them again oh and a motorbike see sig :wink: PM me.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • i thought this is what the classified section is for. and its not going to be free because someone has to pay postage.

I don't mind giving stuff away, but why should it cost me?
    I have things people want, I'm not about to swallow my knob and stump up 50 quid to post them all out. But they can have them for P&P.

Soles GONE
    Bar/stem GONE
    Wheel GONE
    Grips GONE

31.6 post and SDG something-or-other saddle still taking up space.
    =========================================

Dot 4 in the eye hurts. Trust me
  • pdid
    pdid Posts: 1,065
    i thought this is what the classified section is for. and its not going to be free because someone has to pay postage.

I have things people want, I'm not about to swallow my knob and stump up 50 quid to post them all out. But they can have them for P&P.

Soles GONE
    Bar/stem GONE
    Wheel GONE
    Grips GONE

I`ll take the post, you have a PM.

Cheers

Soles GONE
    Bar/stem GONE
    Wheel GONE
    Grips GONE

i've PM'd you about the saddle.
  • afcbian
    afcbian Posts: 424
    captainfly wrote:
    I've got a pair of 2.1 kenda navegals OEM with less than a100miles on them that I am lothed to trow away but wont use them again oh and a motorbike see sig :wink: PM me.

PM sent re tyres
    I ride therefore I am
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    Does anyone have either....

a spare caliper bleed nipple for a Hayes 9 brake
    or
    a bust hayes 9 brake that i can have the bleed nipple from?

would be very appreciative.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • deffler
    deffler Posts: 829

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS
  • thats right, i said it but everyone else thought it.
  • joshtp
    i have a pair or two of old OE pedals, the type that come with cheap bikes, would be ideal for a pub bike..
    I like bikes and stuff
  • pdid
    pdid Posts: 1,065
    Got an unused 24-7 12mm axle 135mm spacing if anyone is interested.
  • joshtp
    can we stiky this thread? its the kinda thing people will dip into occasionaly, i doubt it would stay on the first page for long without sticky, but its a good thing for peole to access.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • yer its dead good honest