Chain Reaction are on fire

.blitz
.blitz Posts: 6,197
edited December 2009 in MTB general
They must have something going on with the Royal Mail/Parcel Force. How can they send stuff so quickly from Ballyclare? I'm beginning to think they really do have their own jet.

Anyway my Xmas shopping is done :D

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    You're supposed to buy presents for other people! :lol:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • .blitz
    I enjoy buying stuff for other people to give to me :D
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    I thought exactly the same last week I ordered a new set of clipless pedals late afternoon last week and they arrived in the post 1st thing the next day :shock:
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • I read the title and thought that it was some breaking news about the actual CRC factory being on fire!

The dark side of me kind of thought if its on fire, maybe there will be a sale of smoke damaged stock!

Not that I would wish that on CRC!!!
    I love the sound my tyres make on dusty single track!
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    They have a portal to another dimension which comes out right outside your front door. They just reach through and pop things through your letterbox.
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    must admit, that did cross my mind too :lol::lol:
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • Sarnian
    Sarnian Posts: 1,451
    I have wondered this many times, living In the middle of the English Channel you would think It might take a day or two longer, but nope I have ordered things one morning and received them the next, and the longest I think I have waited Is 3 days :shock:

It's witchcraft I tell you :D
    It's not a ornament, so ride It
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    They've slipped up by a day for me ... Tut tut, I used to be able to order on the weekend and have it tuesday morning ... The thing coming via 1st class arrived this morning and the Hope (coming via Parcel Farce) is still not here :evil:

2 Days isnt bad i suppose :lol:
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • cheehee
    cheehee Posts: 427
    They're on a go slow out my way. I ordered some new bars for the roadbike last Monday at 12 noon.

They turned up yesterday :shock:
  • .blitz
    cheehee wrote:
    They're on a go slow out my way. I ordered some new bars for the roadbike last Monday at 12 noon. They turned up yesterday :shock:
    MTBs get priority :twisted:
  • Davy-g
    Davy-g Posts: 401
    Bugga.... thought there may have been a bargain to be had... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    My last order was a day late, moreso as I had a friends bike waiting for the chain.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • tjwood
    tjwood Posts: 328
    My stuff from them always seems to take two days, even though it's first class. Whereas stuff from Wiggle always arrives next day. Though maybe that's because CRC are in Northern Ireland whereas Wiggle are in Portsmouth, and I'm in Southampton...
  • ads4
    ads4 Posts: 698
    First time I've been very impressed by CRC! I usually order stuff and wait for the email that comes in a few days to say that the items are actually out of stock....however, after buying myself an xmas on-fire jumper (from mother) and some Sealskinz socks (from me to me) on Saturday, they turned up yesterday :shock:
    Adam.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Current ride - Yeti ASR 5a X0
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,700
    A while back I had a package drop through my door, and was utterly mystified, there was no way it should have got there so fast.

10 minutes later, I got the despatch email. CRC officially have a time machine.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Their parcels are getting sorted in the system quicker then Wiggle's as the posties aren't opening them to nick the Haribos which explains why you aren't getting your sweeties from Wiggle.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • jools182
    jools182 Posts: 216
    still think wiggle have the edge

crc are not too good on customer service whereas wiggle are amazing
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    I read the title and thought that it was some breaking news about the actual CRC factory being on fire!

The dark side of me kind of thought if its on fire, maybe there will be a sale of smoke damaged stock!

Not that I would wish that on CRC!!!

I thought the same!

My bike is c4% CRC flood sale.

They could have a pestilence sale next
  • cdubu
    cdubu Posts: 26
    agreed CRC (and wiggle) are super fast
  • have you seen today they are knoking out cranksbros joplins for 100 squid
    as shops go CRCs are good but I still think Merlins have the edge on delivery as they take under 24 hours and CRC usually 48 hours
    I assume this is French petrol - be careful in reverse - the car will retreat rapidly at the least provocation.
  • captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    Well I'm still waiting for a CRC order I placed on sunday :evil: All items in stock at the time and have missed a ride today because I was waiting in for Parcel farce :evil: So at the moment crc being on fire would be fine by me :roll: Oh and the maths of their customer services is laughable they messed up an order so I needed a refund for items and postage. To cut a long story short they ended up taking a ;good will' e voucher out of the money they owed me, if they weren't so cheap they could go forth and mutiply on thier own :wink:
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • acac
    acac Posts: 348
    i orded a frontline endura base layer two weeks ago it said in stock waited acouple of days check account it said pending phoned them they said very besy will be picked today but check and now showing out of stock two more days still order pending phone again they said stock abe about 5 to 10 days said ok next day order was calleced.
    phone them up they said be about 3 to 4 weeks for more stock so they cancelled it but i did order a patch kit same time. they sent that out aweek later after i orded it in the packet i got apair of Endura strike waterproof gloves and not been charged for them got my refund for the baselayer cool. like more free gifts like that
    play hard ride hard
  • bails87
    Yeah, their maths ain't great, but delivery is good (but then it seems to be for all the bike places I use, makes Amazon look really amateur. I ordered stuff from CRC at the same time as from Amazon at the weekend. CRC stuff arrived first thing Tuesday, Amazon was only put in the post Wednesday afternoon.)

The bad maths worked to my advantage though, I ordered 2 tyres at £25 each, and a £35 tubeless kit. Got the weekend 10% off, so saved £8.50. But the tyres were actually out of stock, so I got them removed from the order, and got refunded the full price. So saved £8.50 off the £35 tubeless kit :D
    MTB/CX

• jools182
    I orederd a front mech about a month ago which was due to be in stoch 1st december

Now its not even giving a date when they will be back in stock
  • bails87
    Does Wiggle, Merlin etc not have it?
    MTB/CX

• jools182
    i could try but i can never get through to crc to cancel the order
  • bails87
    Email them. Or ring at a quiet time during the day. Mid morning has always been free when I've needed to speak to them. Whereas lunchtime/first thing get no answer.
    MTB/CX

• jools182
    I think they have one person manning the phones :wink:
  • captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    bails87 wrote:
    Yeah, their maths ain't great, but delivery is good (but then it seems to be for all the bike places I use, makes Amazon look really amateur. I ordered stuff from CRC at the same time as from Amazon at the weekend. CRC stuff arrived first thing Tuesday, Amazon was only put in the post Wednesday afternoon.)

I'm guessing you aren't on amazon prime then, the service really steps up a gear or three on it and I think is pays for it;s self in December alone :D
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • bails87
    No. Because you have to pay extra, and I rarely buy stuff from there. Had the free trial though, again, something from Wiggle on free delivery beat (or matched) whatever it was I'd ordered on Amazon with Prime delivery. I don't know why bike shops can do it but no-one else can!

When buying stuff for Xmas presents, it doesn't matter to me if it takes a day or a week to turn up, just as long as it's arrived by Christmas Eve!
    MTB/CX